PDA

View Full Version : More interview attire ?s...

twowhat?
01-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Have a J Crew slim-fitting dark stone suit (3-button jacket, pants) that I will wear, with a J Crew liberty print button-down shirt (in a navy/cream tiny floral pattern, really pretty and a bit bold but will keep jacket on) for an interview for a creative position (interviewers will all be male). So...

My hair is very layered, shoulder length. Leave it down or pull it back? I could pull it back into a low pony but that's about all I can do with it.

Glasses or contacts? Glasses are dark brown plastic framed, modern but not trendy.

I've been wearing nursing tanks and yoga pants for so long I don't remember how to dress up!!

crl
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
I would leave the hair down and do whatever makes you most comfortable as far as glasses vs. contacts.

Catherine

gatorsmom
01-26-2010, 02:19 AM
My hair is very layered, shoulder length. Leave it down or pull it back? I could pull it back into a low pony but that's about all I can do with it.

Glasses or contacts? Glasses are dark brown plastic framed, modern but not trendy.

if your hair has been cut recently and is in good shape, you could wear it down or in a pony tail. But if you don't have time to get it cut, or the cut is unprofessional (mohawk for example) or whatever, then I"d pull it back.

As for glasses or contacts, wear whatever is the most comfortable to you.

Good luck!

kozachka
01-26-2010, 03:59 AM
I would wear the hair down. As far as the glasses vs. contact lenses are concerned, are you trying to look younger or smarter? If you are after a younger look, than skip glasses. I wear glasses to my interviews since I don't have contact lenses and I am more comfortable in glasses that without them. Mine are thin metal ones and make me look smarter according to my former male boss, yeah right. Just be sure to maintain eye contact. GL with your interviews!