PDA

View Full Version : Best booster for a really tall 7yo?

Momof3Labs
01-26-2010, 12:43 AM
DS1 is officially at the limit for his Regent. He is in a Parkway in my car, so we need to buy a booster to replace the one Regent he was still riding in (in our extra car). Is the new Parkway a good way to go? He's very long and skinny - probably 55-56" tall and about 55lbs.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2010, 09:08 AM
The new parkway is even taller than the old parkway :). Great choice IF the crotch strap isn't going to be a big deal (I don't think it is for most kids, but I thought I'd mention it, since it's unique to that seat). Sunshine Kids Monterey is also very tall, as is the Recaro Vivo (which is not as tall as the old Parkway, but my 10yo absolutely raves about how very very comfortable it is and she still has an inch of torso to go, wearing 12/14 shirts right now).

mom2binsd
01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
The new parkway is even taller than the old parkway :). Great choice IF the crotch strap isn't going to be a big deal (I don't think it is for most kids, but I thought I'd mention it, since it's unique to that seat). Sunshine Kids Monterey is also very tall, as is the Recaro Vivo (which is not as tall as the old Parkway, but my 10yo absolutely raves about how very very comfortable it is and she still has an inch of torso to go, wearing 12/14 shirts right now).

Julie- I was just thinking how wonderful it is that you have kiddo's are varying size and age, it's always so helpful to everyone to hear how kids fit in different seats (and you have a bunch o seats in your stable!!!)

Momof3Labs
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you, Julie!

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
In case you want to check out the Monterey too, I can tell you that we are very very happy with ours. DD#1 reports that its the most comfy seat we've had. She sleeps in it all the time with no problems. Moved her to it at age 5, lots of side/head support.

I am considering another booster for her for DH's truck and am considering a PW -- not b/c we are at all unhappy with the Monterey, but more for *my* benefit so I have some experience with that seat.

GL!

KrisM
01-26-2010, 04:35 PM
My friend's near 6 yo has been in a Monterey since 4.5 when he outgrew the Husky and he likes it a lot. He still fits in it, which makes my friend happy :). I'm guessing based off seeing him next to my DS, but he's about 55" or so tall now and around 70 lbs. I do know she just started buying size 10 pants, if that helps at all.

Momof3Labs
02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Parkway, Vivo, Monterey - can I get any of those at a BRU store? Have some junk to bring in for the trade-in event, and that's about all we need at the moment.

mnosky1
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I've never seen them at BRU. I bought our Monterey on diapers.com - here was my post about my deal a few weeks ago...

Thanks. I went with diapers.com because of the free returns, just in case. I emailed and they price matched babycatalog.com plus I went through Ebates (1-4% - car seats should be the 4%) and used coupon 10PERCENT for another 10%. Unfortunately I had to pay tax (MO,NC,NJ,NV,NY,PA).

Order Summary
Item Subtotal $100.79 (139.99, -$28 price match coupon -11.20 10% code)
Tax (MO,NC,NJ,NV,NY,PA) $9.02
Total: $109.81

If you are in a state without tax, I think this would be be an awesome deal.