PDA

View Full Version : Install question: rear seats that recline

MissyAg94
01-26-2010, 01:05 AM
The rear seats in our CR-V recline. Can I install our convertible seat with the seat back reclined and then pull the seat back forward to make the install tight? I'm concerned that I'm putting too much pressure on the seat back.

GraceH
01-26-2010, 01:52 AM
IMO, I could see making the seat a smidge more upright to snug in your install as a good thing, but I wouldn't be comfortable with a power motor cranking down on my seat for a large distance after an already tight install, as that seems to me to be excessive force... KWIM?

craftysierra
01-26-2010, 02:02 AM
This really helps my installs in my Sienna.

Sierra

Joolsplus2
01-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Even before I was a carseat geek, that was the only thing I put into an epinions review about why the CR-V is so great: It was SO EASY to install any seat in there because of those fabulous reclining seats. If I had to write a review of my Ody now, that's probably still the only thing I'd put in there. Yeah, it's fine to recline, install, pull back upright. Don't have a strong body builder do it, regular mom-force isn't enough to break anything, though :)

MissyAg94
01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks so much!

KrisM
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
That was the only way I could get a tight install with the Radian in my Malibu at first, too.