PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Any BRU sales coming up?

sariana
01-26-2010, 02:38 AM
UPDATE: Got my coupon book today! Thanks for the heads-up!

I ordered a Compass B530 for DS because it was a good deal at Costco.com. I was expecting that it would not work because DS is narrow, but I figured that with Costco's return policy, I had nothing to lose.

Well, I tried the seat last weekend, and I actually liked it a lot. The shoulder belt came across DS's shoulder right in the center, and the seat fit really well in the car. I was a little unsure about the position of the lap belt; it may have been a tad too high. I'm paranoid about that belt, though.

From my research, I think the Turbobooster would also be a good fit for my skinny guy. I don't like the pattern at Target, so I was wondering when BRU might be having another sale. I would like to do a comparison of the two seats, to see if one works better than the other.

Does anyone know about any sales? I seem to remember seeing sales in February in the past.

TIA!

Joolsplus2
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM
They are handing out a coupon book for 15 or 20% starting 2-19, but they are giving out a 25% coupon if you bring in any old baby gear (like cash for clunkers, you bring in an old infant seat/crib/pack n play/high chair/stroller and they give you a 25% coupon to use on any one qualifying baby gear item that day in the store), that starts 1/29 I think. Using your rewards card (it's free) gets you lots of coupons, and carseats don't just universally go on sale, it's really random. (All Britax for a weekend, one cover of the Evenflo Triumph for 2 weeks, etc, I mean, super random, lol).

AnnieW625
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
They are handing out a coupon book for 15 or 20% starting 2-19, but they are giving out a 25% coupon if you bring in any old baby gear (like cash for clunkers, you bring in an old infant seat/crib/pack n play/high chair/stroller and they give you a 25% coupon to use on any one qualifying baby gear item that day in the store), that starts 1/29 I think. Using your rewards card (it's free) gets you lots of coupons, and carseats don't just universally go on sale, it's really random. (All Britax for a weekend, one cover of the Evenflo Triumph for 2 weeks, etc, I mean, super random, lol).

Jools, how long is the cash for clunkers thing going on? I really really want to get rid of my current Snugride and get a new one, except the old one is on loan to a co worker who isn't coming back to work until March, I think!

I already got a 20% coupon in the mail a week or so ago. I can't remember when it expires.

Joolsplus2
01-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I *think* it's only going on for a week :(. But it's pretty popular, I don't know how long till they do it again, though.

sariana
01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow, that's a great program! Does it matter how much use is left on the old item? I have our old Snugride (& 2 bases) with an expiration date of Dec 2010. Would it qualify?

Even the 15-20% would be great. The Turbo doesn't cost all that much to begin with (so I guess it may not qualify as the coupons often are for car seats over a certain amount).

It sounds as though the programs will overlap, timewise. So if I wait until Feb 2, I could go with either program?

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!