PDA

View Full Version : landsend vs llbean

soontobe
01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
what are the difs between the llbean diaper bag the llbean large tote and the landsend do it all?

i love lots of good pockets and possible big enough for 2 but not the end all be all.

thanks!

soontobe
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
what are the difs between the 1.llbean diaper bag the 2. llbean large tote and the 3.landsend do it all?

i love lots of good pockets (do they have great pockets for lots of organizing?) and are any of them big enough for 2?

thanks!

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
The LLBean diaper and Large touring bag are the same bag, except the diaper bag has a change pad (kinda small). Lightweight and a good size. DH used to use it (was NMS).

The LE DIA is entirely different and very very large and heavy. We use ours exclusively for travel (specifically plane travel) as it opens wide and slides nicely under the seat in front of one of the girls for easy access during the flight.

Momof3Labs
01-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Isn't the LL Bean diaper bag more comparable to the Lands End Little Tripper? I'm pretty sure that I have both of these and they are similar in size. They are too small for 2 kids, imo, unless you are a very light packer. I don't find either to be particularly organized; there are definitely better bags out there for organization.

The DIA is enormous and IMO overkill for two kids, unless you are a kitchen sink type packer. But in that case, I'd look at the Skip Hop Duo Double instead.

soontobe
01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
so the LL Bean bags have the same pockets, materials-everything expect for the changing pad? I would be paying $10 extra from a changing pad? lol better be a really good changing pad.:ROTFLMAO:. I think that I want to use it for my regular diaper bag including place travel because the bag I have now is just one big open space (pretty much).

what r the pockets like in the LL beans? doesn't sound like landsend is what I'm looking for if it is so huge and heavy-does it have good pockets also?

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
The LLBean bag is much bigger than the LE LT. The internal capacity is about double.

The LLB bag is more comparable in size to a SkipHop Dash. The organization is different, but capacity is about the same. *I* could pack for two kiddos of different ages in either the LLB or Dash -- but I did not formula feed, so d/n have bottles, etc. to pack. I don't think any of these bags would work for CD, either, but again, never done that so don't have first hand experience.

The LLB bag wasn't my fave bag, that's for sure. My all-time fave bag was my Skip Hop Dash in pink camo -- mainly for the pink camo, though. The bag that I used the most is/was my LE LT in pink. I don't have one of the brand new ones and Kath has reported that the quality isn't as good as it used to be.

The bag that is most comparable to the LE LT in size/function is the Overland Donner. Given a choice between those two, hands down the LE LT for less than half the price of the Donner. I have both and the quality of the (older) LT is waaay better than the Donner. Can't speak to the quality of the current LT as mine is about 5yrs old now.

HTH

soontobe
01-26-2010, 03:48 PM
thanks for all the info! I think I am leaning towards the llbean for the quality and size. does the llbean travel bag have insulated areas or just the diaper bag? does it have internal pockets or just one bug space? (I assume whatever it is is the same for the diaper bag...)

soontobe
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Isn't the LL Bean diaper bag more comparable to the Lands End Little Tripper? I'm pretty sure that I have both of these and they are similar in size. They are too small for 2 kids, imo, unless you are a very light packer. I don't find either to be particularly organized; there are definitely better bags out there for organization.

The DIA is enormous and IMO overkill for two kids, unless you are a kitchen sink type packer. But in that case, I'd look at the Skip Hop Duo Double instead.

what would you say are better bags out there in terms of organization? I think I need to be pretty much in the LL bean bag and quality too;)

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Unless they have changed the design (and I just looked on their site, it seems not), the LLB bag d/n have any insulated pockets. The side bottle pocket is mesh and definitely not insulated.

Internally, there are some pockets, but I didn't find them all that great for organizing anything other than diapers (for which I already had my own organizational system, similar to a Diapees and Wipes case). So, I used the large diaper-sized pockets for other small things, but found it hard to access them. IIRC, there are two internal mesh pockets on one side and a large zippered internal pocket on the opposite side of the main compartment. The "parent pocket" on the outside has more organization, but is really geared to mom's wallet, pens, phone, etc. The side pockets opposite the mesh bottle pocket are kinda useless IMO. I used one for my phone (top smaller one) and the bottom one for a pack of kleenex and hand sanitizer.

Then again, the internal organization of the Dash isn't spectacular either. It just worked better for me (and I :heartbeat: pink camo).

I was always able to pack a ton into the LE LT, too.

soontobe
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
ok so who has a good diaper bag for me:)

criteria:
1. dh will use it
2. decent size (sounds like the LL Bean is about the right size)
3. ORGANIZATION!!!!! ie lots of fun useful pockets
4. in the $50 range
5. made of a canvas type material (no plastic) and decent quality

lol thanks for any suggestions

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd look at the Skip Hop Dash in denim or another guy-like color. My DH would carry my Denim Dash, but not the Pink Camo one (I had two).

I would also consider getting a smaller one like the LE LT. Its great value for the money and is also my travel purse now for places like Disney. I take a Skip Hop Duo and leave it on the stroller at the park (has spare clothes, snacks, water), keep my LE LT with me with my wallet/cameras/passes and take it on rides.

soontobe
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM
would you say it would hold diapers, wipes, snacks (meals) for me and ds, books, travel stuff like passports well for a plane trip?

I tend to be a over packer, but am trying to get better. (esp because I tend to hurt my back and never use everything anyways!)

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I always use the DIA on the plane. I just like how easy it is to leave open and see everything. Specifically for a plane trip, the DIA is the best bag going IMO. I don't use the DIA at my destination, I use the LE LT for that purpose.

If you want the bag for more than just plane travel, the Dash would work fine.

ETA the price of the DIA and the LT isnt' much more (if at all) than the Dash in denim.

soontobe
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
thanks so much for all your help.

just one more ques. I saw they also have skip hop duo. the dimensions say it is a little bigger and a little less expensive. do you know why that would be and if the couple extra inches is the only diff? why does everyone seem to love the dash?

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 05:15 PM
The Duo is organized vertically and d/n stand on its own. Its really only useful as an "on stroller" bag IMO. There is a Duo knock off sold by Target called Spark. Its the same company, just not as heavy canvas.

The Dash is organized more horizontally, like a messenger bag and does stand on its own.

HTH