PDA

View Full Version : True Fit Premier - Buckle Tight for Boys

Jenng
01-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Ladies,

I knew I would post again, lol...

Anyone have problems with the RF crotch strap position for boys? My little guy just used this seat for the first time today and wow was it too tight! :thumbsdown: I even took out the added cushions and it was still too snug... He is 10mos, about 30" and 25lbs...He seemed so uncomfortable too, "ugh". I took a chance with this seat, but now I am thinking I need a seat with more than one position. I think in the manual they don't allow another crotch position when RF.

Just wanted to know if anyone had issues with the Premier!
Thanks

Joolsplus2
01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I think I just used the outer position, even for RF. Because I'm a renegade that way, lol. (I'm not really one to break rules that are carved in stone, but rules that are made for consumer clarity I don't worry about. It's just easier to give people certain rules to follow so they are more likely to have the seat fit their kid, but there's no reason, if it fits right, not to use it. It's certainly reinforced for a 65 pound kid, so it won't fail from that perspective, and it will still hold the lapstraps down and him firmly in the seat, so it can't fail for that reason, either...so I moved it out for ease of buckling and comfort). Roundabout 50 and Radian have deeper crotch areas...

Jenng
01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I was thinking your thoughts exactly! lol And I realize now that Daniel was much more comfortable in the Radian by far... he fusses in this one a lot.. I just brought him outside just now to retry it and it still feels tight. So I either move the buckle out, or sell this on Ebay. The seat is barely used, if at all so I am sure it would sell... Thanks :wavey:

Jenng
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok, had to post a response to my own thread! LOL

"Note to self" - always make sure your child's diaper is not super full at the time of buckle adjustments! LMAO My DS had pee'd up a storm (his diaper was super spongy!) and I didn't even realize it at the time I had put him in the seat!!!! :ROTFLMAO: I noticed this yesterday because when I brought the seat inside to rethink my purchase, I put him back in the TFP and "presto" he fit! Hmmmm.... so after a few hours I put him back in the seat to make more adjustments and "whalla" his diaper was full and the buckle was super tight. Gee, you think I would have put this together before, LMAO

I had to post this, because I think my son's diaper made all the difference for me, thinking the seat was too snug for him in the crotch area when in reality it really wasn't (it was the diaper!). My DH also pointed out that with the buckle in the correct position RF (position 1), there is plenty of room to grow. Because the buckle is supposed to move outwards as the child grows (meaning the buckle stalk should lean outwards)... I never saw it that way but it makes total sense now. I was happy to get a second opinion because I was ready to sell the seat and I love it!

Anyway, had to post my "awakening" because it was too funny not too... I thought I had a monster huge baby until I realized it was just his diaper, LOL

Oy, I need a drink... hope this helped other TFP owners out there! If it didn't, hope it made you laugh :D

AnnieW625
01-29-2010, 12:22 PM
So are you keeping the seat? That's all I want to know:ROTFLMAO:

Jenng
01-29-2010, 06:54 PM
:cheerleader1: Yes, I am keeping the seat! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

I re-installed it today with the Latch instead of the belt and it was soooo much easier this time. (I had trouble a while back with the latch) I really have the hang of it now, so easy to move in and out of the car.

I might post a thread about the seat cover though... Graco had recalled some seats a while back, because kids could pick at the EPS foam underneath, and it was a choking hazard. I noticed the TFP cover has plenty of openings for little fingers to get at that foam liner... Hmmm.... hence why I want to know more about covers. I think someone had posted about this, I will have to check.

But yeah, awesome seat at a steal of a price and I now see why so many people love it.