PDA

View Full Version : where to buy bathing suit?

zoestargrove
01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm only a B cup, but I'd like more support and lift than what typical suits offer. Any suggestions?

thanks, Kelly

bubbaray
01-26-2010, 03:03 PM
What kind of suit? Lap suit (my faves are Speedo racing suits with a liner, no bra-- I'm a C cup)? Bikini (my fave is hands down Venus swimwear). Tankinis (my fave is LandsEnd).

HTH

citymama
01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Love Athleta.

lizzywednesday
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I second the "what kind?" question from bubbaray!

I tend to be a C/D cup (currently pregnant & a DDD) but swear by my Speedo for lap-swimming. Hands-down, best suit for laps ever. However, I've been tempted by the lap-swimming suits over at Title 9 in the past, so maybe I'll treat myself to one of those in the future.

Pre-pregnancy, I got a nice underwire 1-piece suit at Target (Merona) that had a kind of retro feel to it, but I haven't worn it yet ... and strongly suspect I will not be using it this season.

Lands End is starting to feature their swim collections in e-mail ads and so forth ... they do have a number of suit options with built-in bras, ranging from the regular shelf bra to soft cup to underwire, in a variety of sizes.

boltfam
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I LOVE LE tankinis. You can usually get free shipping and return them in-store to Sears if it has a LE section. I haven't tried Athleta, but they look so cute in the catalog.

zoestargrove
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm looking for one piece or tankini.

thanks for the suggestions. I'm off to see what's out there.

WatchingThemGrow
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
My guess is that suit preference is bodytype specific. I'm a bit flabby and haven't bought myself a GREAT (non maternity) suit in years. But, for all the years I lived in a sunny place, had a boat, and got off work at 3:30, I wore Anne Cole tanks or tankinis. They have a molded cup and fit me well (A/B). For laps, I love(d) my TYR maxback suits.

IIRC a suggestion for trying on suits last winter was to order a whole bunch of LE.com and get some wine when you try them all on at home by yourself to take the sting out of trying them at home with a non-summer-ready body.

zoestargrove
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
HAA! I love the suggestion of wine and trying on suits at home thanks.

Just wishing I could wear full body spanx underneath my suit.

fivi2
01-28-2010, 11:00 AM
It might just be me, but I have had problems with Land's End suits the past couple years. I have one that I love, but really need a back up, as mine is a couple years old. Last year I ordered the same style, same size (different color) and it did not fit right at all. When I returned it, the Sears lady said they were getting tons of LE bathing suit returns. Earlier this year I tried another similar style - again awful.

Of course it could just be me (and I have gained weight recently, but that doesn't explain last year's problem), but I have been really disappointed in LE lately. Which stinks because the one I do own is the only suit I've liked in a long time. I need to find something else supportive!

Good luck - just wanted to share my LE experiences.

DebbieJ
01-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Another vote for LE tankinis. I bought one when we went on a cruise 2 years ago and I LOVE it! I am not a small girl and it had great support.

willow33
01-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm small chested and I absolutely love Athleta tankinis. They hold up really well over time...been wearing one of mine for 3 seasons and it still looks great. I always choose one that has the soft molded cups to give me some shape :) Plus I love that I can choose a small top and a medium bottom. Well worth the $$!!

hobie
01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I really like my tankini from Shade. I have a long torso, and their suits don't leave my stretch marks exposed (twins can do a number on your belly!).