PDA

View Full Version : Getting Gasoline Out of Down Coat

StantonHyde
01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I was filling up the car and went to take the nozzle out--it had clicked off. Well, it wasn't and gas sprayed every where!!!! I actually drove to a store, bought a pair of pants and threw away the pants I had on because you can't put them in the dryer and really even the washer because of the whole flammables thing. But I can't throw out a down coat. Can I take it to the dry cleaners? I don't want them to go up in flames either!! Right now the coat is sitting outside on the deck to air out.

Help! and TIA!!

rlu
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I had this happen to me in that I was pumping gas and the lady on the other side grabbed the handle and the pump started spurting gas over the pump and onto me.

I was in my work clothes and had everything dry-cleaned except my undergarments (woolite to the rescue!). I told them there was gasoline on everything and they took it. The items seemed clean and didn't smell afterwards.

The other lady paid me back reluctantly, blaming the gas station but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the pump handle.

I would go into the dry cleaners - tell them there is gasoline on the jacket and see what they say.

StantonHyde
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
ok--thanks. The coat reeks. The gas soaked through the pants and was burning my skin. ugh. I have never had this happen before!