PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Royal Prestige? Scam?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
filling up space.....

TwinFoxes
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Sounds like.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/royal_prestige.html

DebbieJ
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Are you looking for good cookware? I wouldn't buy it from them, that is for sure. You can pay far less for way better cookware.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you looking for good cookware? I wouldn't buy it from them, that is for sure. You can pay far less for way better cookware.

No, no, SDIL and soon to be SIL just bought , get this, $3000 worth of dishes, knives, pots, pans and stemware from this sham! FINANCED AT TWENTY-SOMETHING PERCENT! The company got their name from David's Bridal and called to tell them they had "won" two free trips and they bought it hook,line and sinker! Oh my.

kayte
01-26-2010, 11:11 PM
No, no, SDIL and soon to be SIL just bought , get this, $3000 worth of dishes, knives, pots, pans and stemware from this sham! FINANCED AT TWENTY-SOMETHING PERCENT! The company got their name from David's Bridal and called to tell them they had "won" two free trips and they bought it hook,line and sinker! Oh my.

I think most of these type of things have a mandatory opt out clause that is good for a few days after signing a contract. I suggest you share the issues documented online and hopefully they will see the light and get out of it.

ETA-- It looks like it's three days

http://www.royalprestige.com/Customers/CancellationPolicy.aspx

niccig
01-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Oh my goodness...I hope they can get out of it...that's if they want to. That's a lot of money..

SpaceGal
01-27-2010, 01:16 AM
STAY AWAY from Royal Prestige!!!!

DH and I got scammed!! We went to their little expo and they really comvinced us that we needed this ridiculous cookware. We slapped down our $2500 and walked out feeling like umm what did we just do. Ugh we got home did research and just didn't feel right. Next day I immediately did whatever I could to get out of the contract within my 3 business days. Luckily, we got our money back not realy loss but lesson learned!

kijip
01-27-2010, 04:27 AM
:47:

I hope they can cancel.

TwinFoxes
01-27-2010, 07:19 AM

Well clearly these two are ready to be on their own as a married couple. :rolleyes: I really hope it's not too late for them to get their $$ back.

Corie
01-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Please tell me that this is not the same person who won't get a job.

elephantmeg
01-27-2010, 10:00 AM
OK, so work was slow last night and I read most of the 24 pages of complaints. Wow. It was like driving by a car wreck, I couldn't stop reading. This company is crazy!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Please tell me that this is not the same person who won't get a job.

No, this is the daughter who was supposed to be saving for two years to cover some of her wedding expenses and has $0 to contribute. She is 33 so I thought it reasonable that she cover some items, but it is not turning out that way. She could have bought a whole set of All Clad, Wusthofs, etc-- the best of everything if she would have looked around and done some research-- but that ship has sailed and not my place to tell her that. I am guessing they did this because the company could find them credit. Yikes!