PDA

View Full Version : ju ju be reviews and deals????

soontobe
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Okay I looked at the Ju Ju Be website and now I am in real trouble!!!! I am interested in the Be All messanger bag. Anyone have it? Do you love it? Will it last FOREVER? Is it worth the price? Do you need those stroller clips?

And.........

Where can I get a better price:loveeyes:

TwoBees
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Where can I get a better price:loveeyes:

Ebags.com occasionally has JJB on sale. And I think you can use the Buy Buy Baby 20% off coupons on JJB (the coupon I have in front of me does not have JJB in the excluded brands list).

HTH!

soontobe
01-26-2010, 10:59 PM
thanks. can you use those coupons over the internet?

would you say the Be All would be big enough for 2 kids or really not?

TwoBees
01-26-2010, 11:19 PM
thanks. can you use those coupons over the internet?
Unfortunately not.
However, you can try going to a bed bath and beyond if there is not a buy buy baby, bring a print out of the item from the bed bath and beyond website, and see if they will order it for you, let you use the coupon, and waive shipping. It's worth a try.

would you say the Be All would be big enough for 2 kids or really not?
I don't know. I only looked at it briefly in the store because I was not interested in a messenger style.

larig
01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
littledudesanddivas.com has lots of youtube videos of the bags in action. They show you how they open, what fits, the patterns...Start there to see if they have a video with that bag your interested in. I just got a be mine (little wristlet) I like it, the fabric seems really tough and durable. I had a hard time deciding which pattern to get.

wencit
01-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Where can I get a better price:loveeyes: Check the Pink Room. They often have lots of bags that are in excellent used condition or sometimes even new with tags:

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/

KHF
01-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Another site for diaper bags is the Babybags group on Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

The Pink Room is an excellent resource just for the sheer number of bags, but sometimes you can get better deals on the Babybags group because they aren't quite the die hard JJB devotees in the Pink Room.

FWIW, I've owned 2 Be Alls and sold them both. JJB bags are VERY heavy...even when empty. I've had 2 Be Alls, 2 Be Smalls, a Be Smart...and I think that's all. (Be Smalls and Be Smarts have been discontinued now) I sold every one of them. I love the concept of the bags, but they are just too heavy for me. I do love their accessory lines though. I have like 6 Be Quicks, 3 complete sets of the BeSets, 2 PaciPods, 2 Be Mines, 2 Be Majors and a Checkabe. So see, I love JJB...their bags just aren't for me!

They have a lightweight short trip bag that I had for a while too (BeLight), but it was too small and I didn't like that there wasn't a closure on top. I'm hoping their new "Might Be" is the bag of theirs that will finally work for me!

maylips
01-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I just ordered a Packabe off of Diapers.com. They have an instant coupon to take 15% off any one item and Ju Ju Be is not excluded. I have to pay tax since I live in NC (boo!) but it was still cheaper than any other deal I've seen.

The one-time code is for "being a great customer" so I don't know if you can use it if you're a first time user, but it's worth a try! Try this code: 15pctty

My Lotus Lullaby arrives Saturday and I'm SOO excited!

towerner
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I have the messenger bag and have enjoyed it but have found a few annoyances. Here are my pros & cons: pros:
Good size for my 1 DS - fits snacks, 4-5 diapers,spare outfit,toys, books for a day or even a quick weekend trip
Love the mommy compartment - sunglass holder, keyfob, zippered pocket for wallet, etc
Love the diaper mess bag/area
Love the temperature controlled bottle holders (but I always added an icepack b/c I was toting "liquid gold" around and didn't want to risk it
Love that it's machine washable

Cons:
The big flap w/ no zipper underneath - if it gets really full it will tip over & spill
It does get a bit heavy, esp when full
When the mommy pocket is loaded (and mine always is), it makes the bag very bulky

I have the chicco travel system stroller which has the full bar handles, unlike a maclaren that has the 2 independent sides for handles (hope that makes sense) and can simply hang the bag over the handles - didn't need stroller clips at all oh, and I always use the stroller clip hooks (on bag) to hook toys on - works great!
So in summary (sorry for the novel) - I love jujube and would prob get another of their bags, but would rethink msg style b/c of bulk when full & spilling hassles.
Hope that helps!

Tammy
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes, I have a Be All and love it. Totally worth the money IMO. I used it for my DD and I tend to overpack. Had enough room for all her stuff and lots of good pockets for when you need to find something quickly or with one hand. I also have the Pack a Be (found it at a resale shop for cheap). I like it as well, but honestly I thought the Be All was easier to use and find something quickly since I didn't have to dig for anything. Just flip it open and there it is! I have used the Pack a Be several times though for long trips and stuff.
In reference to the post about the JJB bags being heavy... kind of rings true there. I didn't think it was too bad, but it's heavier than the free one I came home with from the hospital. :) But like I said- I pack a lot so it was okay for me.

soontobe
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
thanks everyone. I checked out the pink room and got a couple things. they seemed to be very good prices, I am still waiting for 2 of them to come:)

star04
03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can use Bing cashback (I think it's 20%) at ebags.com on JJBs or if they are excluded? Thanks!

LoveBeingMrs
03-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I have the BeAll, and I'm not too happy with it so far. My biggest complaint would be the strap. It keeps twisting, and it even came off once (any tips on how others have managed?). I also found the mommy compartment to be too small- similar to what PP said, the bag looks bulky if you put your stuff in there.

Any suggestions for another diaper bag? Thanks! :)

AnnieW625
03-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I have the BeAll, and I'm not too happy with it so far. My biggest complaint would be the strap. It keeps twisting, and it even came off once (any tips on how others have managed?). I also found the mommy compartment to be too small- similar to what PP said, the bag looks bulky if you put your stuff in there.

Any suggestions for another diaper bag? Thanks! :)

I just tried that one at the store too and thought it was just a tad too bulky when full of stuff. I also tried the Between which was a bit smaller and I liked the size better (and that it had a zipper), but even for a second child I knew it wasn't going to be quite enough space. I ended up getting the Be Spicy bag (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/bespicy.html).

I would go and visit the Ju Ju Be Pink room (Ju Ju Be message board) at JuJuBe.com (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/) . There are a TON of JJB enthusiasts there who might be able to help you with your problem, plus you can also sell your bag if you want in one of the sellers forums.

Eris1995
04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I have the Be All and love it. I think it will work for 2 if you are a light packer.

I have #2 on the way. I still plan on using the Be All but I'm thinking of getting a back pack diaper bag as well or maybe a larger bag from the beginning when I'll want a lot of things for the NB.

seedoubleyou
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Another vote for Pink Room!

If you want to buy new, sign up for a Bing.com account and purchase from ebags to get 20% cashback. Often ebags runs promotions where they offer 20% sitewide and this discount can be stacked with the bing.com cashback. If you're super lucky they may be offering free shipping too, and their customer service is excellent they can even chat live online with you if you have a problem or question. I don't know of any other bag company that does that.

PS: I'm not a fan of the Be All. But I love the Packabe, it's right about same volume but packs differently. The mommy section(s) are awesome!

firemama
04-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I just tried that one at the store too and thought it was just a tad too bulky when full of stuff. I also tried the Between which was a bit smaller and I liked the size better (and that it had a zipper), but even for a second child I knew it wasn't going to be quite enough space. I ended up getting the Be Spicy bag (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/bespicy.html).

I was going to get the Be Tween bag because I know I will be a light packer and I like the zipper. But I will be cloth diapering my newborn (due in July) and the Be Tween is probably not realistic. I went back and looked at the Be Spicy and think that would be a great size to go up to. Again, I need the zipper! How do you like yours so far?