PDA

View Full Version : Bed Rails

jellibeans
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
This might belong in the bedding category but I will try here first. Is there a difference between all of the different bed rails that you can buy? While looking online, I have found so many different ones and the only difference that I can see is the price. Any recommendations on a good bedrail? Am I putting too much thought into this?

kristenk
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Honestly, we use rolled-up beach towels. I took a couple of large beach towels and folded them to the appropriate length, rolled them up and then taped all the way around the roll in a couple of places. The roll goes under the fitted sheet and provides just enough of a reminder that there's an edge there. I don't think DD has ever rolled over the towel roll.

I originally had purchased a snug-tuck pillow for the bed, but just didn't like it. We still have the snug-tuck (it's taking up space in the closet), but we don't use it any more and I much prefer the rolled-up beach towels.

hellbennt
01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
here is the thread What are Your Thoughts On Bed Rails? (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=330150)

we have a snug tuck but after reading the above thread, I think I might go for the bed bug (I think that's what it's called?) brand for ds2?

wimama
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I like the Bedbug rails. I have been looking for a travel solution for my DS. We have a kids size Areobed, but it is over 20 pounds. And big. Not good in this age of airline restrictions. We have a huge suit case that we don't normally use because the suitcase itself is too heavy, once we pack it up it is over the weight limit. We could easily pack these in there and still fit some extra stuff in there. Yeah!

Then, I can switch my son's bed at home from traditional rails to these. He is almost 4 but, I don't think he will be able to go without a bed rail for quite a while. He is a crazy sleeper.

willow33
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
We used a pool noodle and tucked it under the mattress pad so it wouldn't move. We had originally bought bed rails and it was such a pain to change sheets, etc...

arivecchi
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Bed Bug rails are awesome! Love ours.

the2bobs
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
DS1 is in a full bed now and has to have bed rails---one on each side. He'll sleep w/ his face pressed up against it. He's all over the bed. They are a hassle when changing the sheets. One tip, don't get the extra long rail. The ones we have are the regular size (can't remember the brand but they're a set of 2 in blue in the BRUs coupon book right now). We converted his crib to the full size bed and it makes it really hard to sneak out of his bed after he's fallen asleep b/c there isn't a lot of room to get out around the rails.

WatchingThemGrow
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
We have a set of home-made snug tuck pillows. LOVE them. And anything less wouldn't work here. DD has been sleeping in her full-size bed for almost 2 years (wow!) and still flopped out one night this week, over the pillow.

DS1 will have the side rails that are part of his Young America bunk set. Obviously, we won't be bunking them for a good plenty years, but we're going to try out those rails for starters. Otherwise, He'll get some snugtucks. I can't stand looking at the big blue ones, so it's either matching wood or fabric for us.

pastrygirl
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I just used pool noodles.