PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Furniture-Armoire or Chest?

sabby
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
We are soon to be buying new nursery furniture and I wanted a little advice. I know I will get a crib and low chest that I can use as a changing table. I also want a third piece that will either be an armoire or a tall chest of drawers. For those with experience, which do you think is more useful/ will hold more?

Thanks

Sabrina

SnuggleBuggles
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
If you have a closet to hang things then I would vote for a large dresser. No closet then maybe an armoire though I never hung baby clothes and rarely hang my big kids' clothes. The closet is pretty much only used for storage. :)

Beth

jgenie
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
We bought DS1 a tall dresser and it has worked out well for us.

mtnsnow
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
If you have a closet to hang things then I would vote for a large dresser. No closet then maybe an armoire though I never hung baby clothes and rarely hang my big kids' clothes. The closet is pretty much only used for storage. :)

Beth

:yeahthat:

We saw more value in 5 drawers than the armoire, and the armoire was more money!

WatchingThemGrow
02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
DD has a YA armoire/wardrobe, and we LOVE it! It has a pretty oval mirror on the front. It is beautiful and it makes her room. Her "in season" dresses are there, along with her daily clothes basket (our system for what she's going to wear each day), plus baskets for our swim stuff, extra sheets etc. The bottom drawers are dress-up accessories (right below the mirror) and it all works out well for taking up less floor space than a chest would have.

Our boys don't have one, but still have shirts that could be hung. They could also be laid flat in a chest. So..I say...girl=armoire, boy=chest. How's that?

kmillini
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I agree that it depends on how much closet space you have. Our son's room has a tiny corner (triangle-shaped) closet with barely any hanging room. We chose the Stanley Young America furniture. We got a crib, low chest and armoire. We love the armoire! When you open the doors, there is a mirror on one door and a corkboard on the other door. It also has two shelves that we put a lot of stuff on. It also has one large drawer underneath that we use for blankets. I only hang up his nicer clothes, but even those couldn't fit in our tiny closest. I guess if you have a larger closet then a tall chest might be better, but we couldn't do without an armoire.

sabby
02-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys. I decided on a chest because we do have big closet in that room.