PDA

View Full Version : How much is TOO much on the crib??

czekit7
01-27-2010, 03:32 PM
OK, I bought a "developmental mobile" that has the black/white/red and colored plates on it, but the mobile doesn't move (http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Toy-201770-Infant-Stim-Mobile/dp/B00009ZIKH), and then decided that I want moving/singing mobile, so I bought a FisherPrice Aquarium mobile that does just that! Now my crib has two mobiles in it...that's too much, right?? :) Then, I've also read that babies like to see black and white pictures of people (esp babies) at eye level...basically against the bumper area of the crib. Did anyone else do that?? I've got pictures of animals and his daddy in a funny pic sitting at eye level IN the crib...too MUCH??

crazye
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I had nothing in her crib for the longest time. The mobile that came with the bedding set didn't clamp on right. Then someone gave us a mirror toy and then I got a soother. Those were both at either end of the crib (still are for #2). I typically only see one or two things in the crib but I don't think there's anything wrong with more as long as they're all attached safely and won't cause a suffocation hazard.

SnuggleBuggles
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I have a ton of things in ds's crib. We had the Tiny Love Symphony in Motion Mobile, FP Rain Forest crib soother, decorative Lamaze bumper hung at the top of the crib rail, and 2 plush toys that hang from the rail. Sleep has been totally average. I love that when he got a bit older he could play in his crib and give us a bit more time to sleep in the morning. :) I think you are fine so long as the things are safe.

Beth

citymama
01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
We had absolutely nothing on the crib - no bumpers, no mobile, no toys. DD's mobile was over the changing table. When she grew older (closer to 1) she had a couple of colorful toys hanging from the sides of the crib. But we were fans of keeping the sleep area calm and not stimulating.

WatchingThemGrow
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Nothing in DD's crib - well, a Baby Einstein mobile from CL my mom insisted we get after a while. It died over DS1's crib and then we got that aquarium on clearance at Sam's. He loved it, and would always fall asleep with it. For whatever reason, I got DS2 the Stim Mobile for $5 and spin in (no batteries) every so often. He also has the aquarium. Both boys sleep like a rock, but I don't know if it helped them or hurt them. You'll have to take the hanging things down when they start pulling up/grabbing, but the aquarium seems sturdy enough.

bigpassport
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
I taped some of these FREE black and white images to the inside of DS's PNP bassinet....

http://baby.zorger.com/

He LOVED them, especially the smiley face. DS never really looked at the mobile that came with the PNP, so I didn't bother buying him a fancy mobile like the Tiny Symphony one.

blondflava
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
My DD loved looking at her fish mobile. We had that and the breathable bumper at the beginning. After a while, we were adding more and more stuff, at one point she had the mobile, Aquarium, kick-and-play piano and a few hanging toys. The mobile is gone as she started pulling herself up and grabbing on it, but other stuff is still there. She actually loves her piano and it always puts her to sleep. There are a few smaller loose toys there as well...

scrooks
01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
My DD STILL has her baby einstein neptune soother. We love that thing but they stopped making it so DS got the ocean wonders one by FP. We've also add a tiny love mobile recently...he loves it. DD never had one.

czekit7
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Thank you all who posted; I don't feel totally neurotic now. And I appreciate the person who posted the www.baby.zorger.com PDF. We are going on a trip this next weekend, and I'm going to post a few of these black & white pics in his travel lite PNP!!

bubbaray
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Neither of my kids liked mobiles, so we took ours (fisher Price) off.

AnnieW625
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
We just had a bumper until DD was around 8-9 mos. old then we added one of the aquariums and it really helped DD sleep or at least calm herself enough to sleep. We only had a mobile on the pack n play and DD didn't care for it much. I would usually put a cd on in her room at low volume instead and that worked better because after 20-30 minutes when it was over she'd be asleep already.