PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Boudreaux's Butt Paste out of clothing??

czekit7
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Any suggestions on how to get Boudreaux's Butt Paste out of sheets, onesies, clothes, etc? Some how I always get this crap on stuff other than the baby's butt!!

Corie
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I would try calling the company. That stuff is awesome but I can't even
imagine how to remove it from clothing, sheets, etc.

Will it not come out in the washer using hot water?

kcandz
01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I would try calling the company. That stuff is awesome but I can't even
imagine how to remove it from clothing, sheets, etc.

yeah that - I could never get it out and stopped using it as a result.

czekit7
01-29-2010, 09:00 PM
The packaging DOES state that it will stain clothing/everything, but I did email the company to see if they have any suggestions. My baby is starting to outgrow his clothing, and I'm scared that I'll shrink the few 0-3mo outfits that I have if I use hot!! :)

JBaxter
01-29-2010, 09:06 PM
try dawn and scrub it with a brush I dont use it for that reason.

belovedgandp
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I too stopped using it because the staining drove me crazy. My kids did just as well with Desitin and I wasn't phobic about ruining everything I touched.

JBaxter
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
I prefer triple paste and it doesnt stain.

BargainMomforLuke
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
The owners of BBP are the sister & BIL of one of my best friends. Another friend of mine had a major "oh sh*t" accident with the stuff (her 2 year-old got into a whole new tube & had it EVERYWHERE - hair, clothes, carpet, changing table, walls). I called my friend, who at the time I believe said Dawn dishsoap was the way to go. I could call her in the morning if you would like to double-check, as that was a while ago.

tnrnchick74
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
This is about the only stuff that works for DS. I haven't had many problems with staining, but there was 1 outfit that I thought was ruined.

I soaked in detergent & oxyclean over night - stuff dissolved.

czekit7
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
This is about the only stuff that works for DS. I haven't had many problems with staining, but there was 1 outfit that I thought was ruined.

I soaked in detergent & oxyclean over night - stuff dissolved.

YEP!! And I have to agree with it being the only thing that really helps with his rash...Destin just coats, but really doesn't help heal. I just got an email back from a rep at Boudreaux's and she said OxyClean was what had been suggested to her...here's the email. Thank you all.

"Dear Jennifer:
You might try Oxy Clean to get some of the stains out. We have heard good reports about Oxy Clean helping with stains on clothing and furniture.

Thank you,

Beth Giles
Customer Service Manager
Blairex Laboratories, Inc."

aje0499
06-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I accessed this website to try to remove Butt Paste after my 2 year old spread it on the back of our nice couch. I tried the Oxyclean, scrubbing with a brush and dishwashing detergent, using a spot-bot, but it didnt do much. I used one application of Melaleuca "MelaMagic" (scrubbed and rinsed) and it removed 90% of it. The second time I applied it and removed it, I had 100% success. My couch has been saved!
I have before and after photos if anyone would like to see them too.

llama8
06-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow. I have never noticed it to be a problem. I have used it for almost 3 years for both DC and it never stains. Any stains come out in the wash.