PDA

View Full Version : Motivated Moms question

KrisM
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I started this last year and didn't really do it. I have it ready to start again this week and on a pretty clipboard so I can hang it in the kitchen and it won't get burried.

Anyhow, I am wondering if there is a place that tells how often different chores come up. My fridge really needed cleaning, so I did that today, but I have no idea when it might pop up on my calendar.

KrisM
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Anyone know?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
The fridge is done like this
One day Clean Bottom Shelf
A few days later Clean Middle Shelf,etc
It is broken into 4-6 parts....

HTH!

Some things I can decipher a pattern, like changing sheets, or dishcloths every other day, some are a bit more mysterious....

niccig
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure how often things come up, and some of the chores are seasonal. I treat the chores as a suggested weekly list, and I do the jobs on the days that suit me. This year I'm also giving myself project days eg. I need to have a day doing paperwork- not the entire day but a few hours, so I stay on top of it.

There are some other things I need to do more often than the list.

KrisM
01-30-2010, 02:35 PM
The fridge is done like this
One day Clean Bottom Shelf
A few days later Clean Middle Shelf,etc
It is broken into 4-6 parts....

HTH!

Some things I can decipher a pattern, like changing sheets, or dishcloths every other day, some are a bit more mysterious....

Helps a bit. I did notice some patterns, but now that I have a clean fridge, I want to know when it comes up again so I can just wait for it rather than cleaning it out of schedule and missing something else.

On the shelves - I have to take the top shelf out to get the middle and bottom shelves out, so it all gets done at one time :).

gatorsmom
01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok, this is not a Motivated Mom's suggestion, just something I do that works. I clean my fridge after every time I grocery shop. The first thing I do is put the freezer goods away. Then, while the bags of refrigerated stuff are on the floor in front of the fridge, I take out all the old, yucky food and hurriedly wipe off any shelves or drawers that might have gotten messy that week (I grocery shop once/week). Since there are groceries waiting to be put in the fridge, I am motivated to get it done quickly. And since I hate my fridge crowded and sticky shelves, it gets done each week.

Just a suggestion in case the Motivated Mom's way of keeping it up doesn't work for you. :p

kep
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Ok, this is not a Motivated Mom's suggestion, just something I do that works. I clean my fridge after every time I grocery shop. The first thing I do is put the freezer goods away. Then, while the bags of refrigerated stuff are on the floor in front of the fridge, I take out all the old, yucky food and hurriedly wipe off any shelves or drawers that might have gotten messy that week (I grocery shop once/week). Since there are groceries waiting to be put in the fridge, I am motivated to get it done quickly. And since I hate my fridge crowded and sticky shelves, it gets done each week.

Just a suggestion in case the Motivated Mom's way of keeping it up doesn't work for you. :p

This is exactly what I do too. I can't stand putting new food into a dirty fridge.

KrisM
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM

Good idea!

I don't have yucky food in mine, usually. I go through that once a week. But, I don't always take out the shelves and wash and dry them. I should try doing that with grocery shopping and see if it works.