PDA

View Full Version : Cocorro and flash stroller

brismom
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Saw the car seat and stroller in the store today and was intrigued, anyone have experience with it

sadie427
01-28-2010, 12:24 AM
We just got a Cocorro, we like it so far. Got a nice tight install easily, adjusting the straps is easy. Very well designed overall and clear instructions. We got it because my car is quite small, a Mazda 3, and I wanted to conserve back seat space. The downside is the 40 lb weight limit, and the rearfacing limit isn't that high either. We will have to get another harnessed seat when he outgrows this, but the compactness of this seat was important to us. We just had the regular snugride 22--if we had the higher weight infant seat we wouldn't have bought a convertible with such a low limit, but we should get a few years out of the Cocorro hopefully as DS is fairly small.

We don't have the stroller frame, I'm not sure of the advantage of having a frame for a convertible, because it would be a big hassle to reinstall the car seat every time--you'd have to be reinstalling it with the baby in it, unless you take the baby out and let him crawl around the car or something? I don't think you could get it in tight that way? I suppose for some limited situations like travel, or for taking a taxi in the city, it could be useful.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-28-2010, 01:56 PM
We have the Coccoro. I like it okay, but the cover stains easily and doesn't wash up well.

It installs fine in our Honda Accord rear facing. In that car you are not allowed to have the carseat touch the back of the front seat, so not much will fit if we want to have a front seat passenger too.

I think the stroller frame is an expensive gimmick and only first-time parents will be tricked into thinking it is a good idea. :) I wouldn't want to be installing and uninstalling the carseat just to use it in the stroller. It's not that easy to install. Maybe if I flew a lot it would be useful, but the carseat is so light it shouldn't be hard to just carry it through the airport.

vonfirmath
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
The "market" for the Cocorro and stroller, IMHO is those people who fly with little ones a LOT. And people who live in New York, etc. and need a portable car seat for occasional use in taxis/trips with others. I know flying with our infant seat + stroller was MUCH easier than the convertible + umbrella stroller (though it did work, it wasn't as easy).

stillplayswithbarbies
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I forgot about the city dwellers market. :) This would be perfect for people who take taxis with a kid who is too big for an infant seat.

AnnieW625
01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
We are also thinking about the Cocorro as DH has an 01 Corolla which will also have a Britax Frontier in the back so it's going to be packed. DH is also 6'0" tall and needs the drivers seat all the way back. Yes it probably won't get us to 3 yrs RFing, but I have read on car-seat.org that it gets some kids longer RFing than the comparably sized Britax and Diplomat seats, so at least to or past the AAP guideline of 2yrs. old. It also lasts per posts on car-seat.org FFing longer than the Roundabout or Diplomat too. Sure we may not get 6 yrs. out of the seat like we might able to get with a Marathon, BLVD, True Fit, etc., but for us it will most likely work fine as #2 will move straight into DD's Frontiers once it has outgrown the seat.

I also really like the idea of the Flash stroller frame. It's nice to have something that will work with the Shuttle, and the Coccoro. The only thing that I personally don't care for with the Combi strollers is that the handle bars seems a little low. Will I get it if I get the Cocorro no probably not, but if you like the Shuttle (read a nice review of it over at Car-seat.org) and then want to move onto the Coccoro then it might be nice to have something that will work with it for airport travel and such.

I didn't have stroller frame for my first child and I didn't miss it. DD just got put into the stroller directly from five days old (the first time we went on a walk). We have a frame now with our Vista stroller so it will be nice for quick trips into the drs. office and such, but I still can't see myself using a frame as my one and only stroller.