PDA

View Full Version : Storksak Suzi or OiOi Hobo??

MariP
01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I think I like these bags... The problem is that I have not seen them in person. I know that they are messenger style, but would like to know how adjustable the strap is on each of them. Could these bags be worn over the shoulder? I am 5'2 and need a bag that is roomy enough for all the things that I will need with a newborn, but that is not "too big" (I have heard that the oioi hobo might be too "boxy")
It would help me to hear from any of you who have either bag or who have seen them in person.
I guess I need help... :)
Thanks!
Mari

tarnator
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I wish that I could help you. I was just looking at the Suzi myself online....it looks nice!

I have a Storksak Mia with some faux fur trim and I love the setup. But I want another one that isn't so 'wintery'. The one thing that I don't like about it is the faux leather finish is kinda cheap and scratches badly.

I am small myself and find a lot of diaper bags seem to be HUGE. The Storksak that I have is at about the max of my size tolerance.

dlk0704
02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I love my OIOI Hobo bag. It is one of my favorites. I got mine on ebay for a reasonable price. Good luck

Kymberley
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I too love my OiOi bag, but it is boxy and big. And leather, which makes it heavier than others which some don't like. But, between the Fleurville, Skip Hop, and the OiOi that I have, I like the OiOi hobo best.

MariP
02-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi ladies,
I found a great deal online and bought the OiOi hobo... It is the "chocolate on dot" design, not leather, but microfiber... I will be getting it in a couple of days, so hopefully I will like it :) After a LOT of thinking, I decided that the Suzi would be too small for what I need.
Mari

MariP
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I got the hobo a couple of days ago. It is the chocolate on dot print with outside pockets. Even though I do not get to use it for a couple of more weeks (I am due in March) I really like it. Love that it has lots of outside pockets. Also like that the exterior is wipeable material... the bag itself does not seem heavy. My only concern is that is a little bigger that expected. However, being a first time mom, I really do not know it the bag is really too big (13 1/2" H x 15" W x 6" D). Anyway, I was thinking of getting a second smaller diaper bag that my DH would not mind carrying (maybe a LT?) and I can always buy another (smaller) diaper bag for me if I discover that the hobo is too big for certain trips :wink2:

Kymberley
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm glad you like your new bag! I have 2 bags- the OiOi for trips over an hour away because we'll likely be gone longer, and my largish purse that I throw a diaper pod in with some wipes and an extra cloth diaper. We EBF, so the only other thing I usually take is a nursing cover, if that. I usually use a thin blanket that DC can snuggle with after he nurses. HTH!