PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Overwhelmed - Update 1st post

DietCokeLover
01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts. I am happy to say that the worst is over. WHEW!! Our children were very gracious to us the day we were both sick and quietly sat and watched tv (don't flame me) most of the day so that we didn't have too move much. Thanks again!

This was my contribution to a post about a bad day yesterday:

* DD woke up at 2:30 am, dancing and singing in her bed
* DS woke up at 5:15 am with high fever
* DH broke a glass on the floor of our closet this morning that I had to clean up and ended up cutting my foot
* DS threw up neon green vomit (see other post today) 11 times before 10:45 am. I changed clothes 4 times before 9 am due to said neon green vomit.
* DD took advantage of DS's illness and poured juice all over my bed and located a pen and worked on her own body art
* Had to take DS to doctor - 1 hour+ drive one way on mountain curvy roads (I packed 4 extra outfits in case he vomitted in car)
* Had to watch DS get a chest xray and was completely traumatized by the contraption they had to put him in to do it

Now, today, I am going over the edge. DD started vomitting today. And has vomitted no less than 20 times. Then, this evening, DH starts vomitting. He then decides to go sit in the bathtub. I hear this bizarre sound and go to find out that he is having a seizure in the bathtub! (DH has epilepsy, so this is not completely a shock). However, I have to figure out how to get him out of the tub by myself and get him in bed. I now have him in bed and am sitting here next to him watching him like a hawk. I am scared to death and feeling very alone right now. If something were to happen, I really don't have anyone here to help me. Yep, beyond overwhelmed.

Reyadawnbringer
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
o. m. g. What an awful turn of events. :hug: Sending P & PT your way. If I lived near you I would be over to help in a flash! (Neon green vomit does not scare me). I hope everything returns to normal soon. Hang in there mama, it HAS to ge better, right? :hug::hug::hug:

Indianamom2
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh my goodness. I've had a truly rough week, but yours is definitely worse.

Dealing with vomit (particularly that much and that color) is one of my least favorite things ever.

You deserve a vacation when this is through. Hang in there.:hug:

cuca_
01-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Hugs to you. I'm sorry that you are feeling alone and overwhelmed. I hope your DH is ok, that your kids are feeling better soon, and that you can catch your breath.

elephantmeg
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM
oh no! Hope all is better soon!

bubbaray
01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Oh wow. Just WOW.

Is there no one you could call? A neighbor or church friend or even the closest relative even if they are far away????

Sounds like you have rotovirus in the house. In which case, you can expect that it is highly likely that you will all get it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That happened to us and it royally sucked. I always keep some barf supplies on hand since then.

In the meantime, bleach wipes are your friend. I'm a very "green" cleaner, but when roto is in the house, its bleach wipes all the way! No natural stuff kills rotovirus. You can make your own solution, its 1:10 bleach to water.

HTH

brgnmom
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
This was my contribution to a post about a bad day yesterday:

* DD woke up at 2:30 am, dancing and singing in her bed
* DS woke up at 5:15 am with high fever
* DH broke a glass on the floor of our closet this morning that I had to clean up and ended up cutting my foot
* DS threw up neon green vomit (see other post today) 11 times before 10:45 am. I changed clothes 4 times before 9 am due to said neon green vomit.
* DD took advantage of DS's illness and poured juice all over my bed and located a pen and worked on her own body art
* Had to take DS to doctor - 1 hour+ drive one way on mountain curvy roads (I packed 4 extra outfits in case he vomitted in car)
* Had to watch DS get a chest xray and was completely traumatized by the contraption they had to put him in to do it

Now, today, I am going over the edge. DD started vomitting today. And has vomitted no less than 20 times. Then, this evening, DH starts vomitting. He then decides to go sit in the bathtub. I hear this bizarre sound and go to find out that he is having a seizure in the bathtub! (DH has epilepsy, so this is not completely a shock). However, I have to figure out how to get him out of the tub by myself and get him in bed. I now have him in bed and am sitting here next to him watching him like a hawk. I am scared to death and feeling very alone right now. If something were to happen, I really don't have anyone here to help me. Yep, beyond overwhelmed.

oh no, that is a lot to deal with--lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you. :hug:

WatchingThemGrow
01-27-2010, 11:58 PM
OMGosh. I'll send some P&PT your way. Can anyone come help you? I know that most of my family would stay far away, but surely there's someone who can, I hope?

billysmommy
01-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Yikes!!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon

jgenie
01-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh no - P & PT for your family. I hope everyone feels better soon. :hug:

elektra
01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Holy! OMG, hang in there. Is there anyone who can help you out? You have moral support here at least!

KpbS
01-28-2010, 12:57 AM
So sorry to hear this! If bad weather weren't on the way I could deliver dinner :( Stock up on sprite and bland food like crackers, baked potatoes, etc. Hope everyone is feeling much better before the weather hits tomorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:

wencit
01-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Oh my goodness, you poor thing! :hug: Hope everyone gets better soon.

mommy111
01-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Hugs. Wow!
Handsanitizer, bleach and hydration. And please have someone come over and help you. Any friends???

Melaine
01-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh honey! I wish I could help!!! I'm praying for you....let us know how things are today.

DietCokeLover
01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I've got it now too.

mamicka
01-28-2010, 10:00 AM
o. m. g. What an awful turn of events. :hug: Sending P & PT your way. If I lived near you I would be over to help in a flash! (Neon green vomit does not scare me). I hope everything returns to normal soon. Hang in there mama, it HAS to ge better, right? :hug::hug::hug:

:yeahthat:
That sounds awful. :grouphug:

Melaine
01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I've got it now too.

Is DH well enough to help yet??? I really hope so. I'm so sorry.

pinkmomagain
01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Hope everyone (including you) is starting to feel better now. So sorry you are having a miserable week. Maybe a friend can at least pick up some essentials for you if your cupboards are bare (ginger ale, crackers, etc.)?

vejemom
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Oh no! Call someone, anyone. I know if I got a call from one of the moms in my MOPS group, or even one of my neighbors in a situation like yours, I do what I could to help.

elliput
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hope you can call on some family or friends for a bit of help.

TwinFoxes
01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm so sorry! Please update us, I hope things are looking up. :hug:

maestramommy
01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
:47:Okay my eyes were bugging out at "vomited 20 times." I'm so sorry. Hope things get better VERY SOON.:hug:

ThreeofUs
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
:hug:

I'm really late to this post, but I couldn't not post when I saw this! I'm so sorry to hear all this is going on. You must be so extremely tired, and now sick! Sending hugs and hopes that everyone is on the upswing.

kristenk
01-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, no! Hope this doesn't last too long for you guys. :hug:

niccig
01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope everything is better by now...that just sounds awful.

DietCokeLover
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone, I updated in post #1.

MamaMolly
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
YIKES! I totally missed your post yesterday. My one kid with diarheea looks tame in comparison. Huge, huge, huge belated hugs Mama. Hope today was much, much better.

caleymama
01-29-2010, 06:10 PM
No flames on the TV from me. Late to this, but glad you are feeling better. All 4 of us dropped like flies to a stomach bug this week too. Uggggghhhhhh.

Fairy
01-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Just now seeing this. What a baaaaad day. Wow. Glad to see that things are better-- kind of! :grouphug:

MontrealMum
01-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Glad to hear you're on the mend!

bubbaray
01-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh my, so so sorry that you all got it. No flames on the TV from me either. BTDT more times than I care to remember.

o_mom
01-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts. I am happy to say that the worst is over. WHEW!! Our children were very gracious to us the day we were both sick and quietly sat and watched tv (don't flame me) most of the day so that we didn't have too move much. Thanks again!

Just seeing this... how awful, but glad you are feeling better.

THIS is what TV is made for - you should not feel even an ounce of guilt about it.

MoJo
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
THIS is what TV is made for - you should not feel even an ounce of guilt about it.

Absolutely!

Reyadawnbringer
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Just seeing this... how awful, but glad you are feeling better.

:yeahthat: I agree with this 100% I don't think ANYONE would flame you for that after the he!! you have been through!

Glad to hear the worst is over.

Melbel
01-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Just saw this thread. I am glad to hear you are on the mend. As far as the TV is concerned, whatever works!