PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Big Kid AMP backless booster

postmodernmommy
01-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Anyone see this seat or have it? I'm trying to figure out how tall it is- it 's on the low side of backless boosters (think backless Turbo booster or Safeguard go or Cosco Ambassador) or on the taller side of backless boosters (think clek Olli or Combi Dakota). I can't tell if it's a complete piece of junk or a decent seat. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Amy
DD 7.5 (almost 8!)
49 inches 65 lbs (short but SOLID!)
currently riding in (& almost retired from) a Regent
...and a Parkway,
...contemplating getting a Monterey
...looking for a few good backless boosters

KrisM
01-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I saw it at Target yesterday, but I can't tell you if it's big or small, really. Sorry :).

Joolsplus2
01-28-2010, 08:41 AM
I like it...saw it in my tech class and it seemed solid. IIHS just raved about how great it fits most kids, so that's a vote of confidence, even though I don't know many people who have it.

KrisM
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I finally bought one today. I didn't measure, but it looks like the seat is taller than the Turbo Booster they have. I can measure the Amp later, if you want.

I picked it because the material looks like it'll stay clean better. I will keep mine in the trunk mostly and will put it in the bag it came in, but figure clean is good.

It also has a lot more room in the belt path than the TB. I don't know if that's good or bad. DS will use it for the first time this afternoon. He's never been in a booster before, so I hope it goes well!

oneplustwo
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Bumping this up - -Kris, how do you like the booster, now that you've had it for a bit? I am also thinking of getting one . . .

KrisM
03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Well, we've used it twice :). It's only for the rare times that I want DS to ride in the front seat from the bus stop to home. But, he has no problem getting in it and he can buckle himself, too.

oneplustwo
03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the update. :)