PDA

View Full Version : If you buy an item at Target can you get a price adjustment at a different Target?

ciw
01-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Or do you have to go back to the original store?

chlobo
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I think you can get it anywhere.

jgenie
01-28-2010, 09:29 AM
I've done it at different stores. I've also applied coupons after the fact at diff stores as well.

Seitvonzu
01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
my targets have never done price adjustments. they require you to return the original item and buy a new one....has this changed recently? my thing is i go get a new one and then turn around and return with my old receipt so i don't have to drag the item around town. hrm... price adjustments in the style of old navy would be SWEET :)

inmypjs
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I have done it at a different store - as long as the store doing your adjustment has the lower price as well. Sometimes prices can differ between stores, especially Super and regular Target.

ciw
01-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like it's worth a try!

DebbieJ
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Most stores do a price adj with just your receipt within a certain time frame, usually about 2 weeks or less. With the big chains like Target, you can go to any location.

glbb35
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I am in the same boat as Seitvonzu, I have never been able either to do it. I bought a few months ago three cans of formula one store had at 15% off. I happen to be across town with the formula still in my car and I zipped into Target to check to see if they had anymore. This store had theirs marked at 30% off.
I went out, got the receipt and showed them that I had just hours before bought it for more than what they had it at. Targets can do whatever they want in their areas is what I was told as they cater to different customers in different areas.
Haven't you seen the sale tags that say now "only in this store". Irritating. They would not refund the difference but did just do a return of the item back to my credit card and they had me repurchase the formula. Silly but whatever. The results were pretty much the same. Since I had purchased three and used a coupon they would only let me return 2 of the cans as they could not they said, return a coupon that was not "physically" in their store. Good luck. Maybe it will work for you!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09!

LD92599
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I think there's a difference between a sale and clearance - clearance varies by store but the sales are typically the same at each store based on the weekly flyer.

I imagine that would make a difference!

twindad
01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
If it is an advertised sale price in the Target flyer, you should be able to get the price adjustment at any Target within 2 weeks of the original purchase with a receipt.

veronica
01-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Sale items, you should.

Clearanc (red sticker), no adjustments.

SpaceGal
01-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Sale items, you should.

Clearanc (red sticker), no adjustments.

Just as she said sale items yes...clearances no...if you find it on clearance for less you have to a buy and return.