PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about Baby Jogger and Chicoo car seats

lhafer
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Just a heads up...

Just got off the phone with the Baby Jogger customer care department, and they told me that the Chicco car seat adapter for these strollers won't be available until LATE APRIL!!! They originally had said it would be available by the end of January.

WatchingThemGrow
01-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Sorry to hear that for you. Good news is...you can use their City models without a carseat, and it is better for the baby. We've done it with both our City models and both our baby boys. Just get a Snuzzler (cheap on CL!) and buckle the baby in. Really, it'll be okay :)

arivecchi
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear that for you. Good news is...you can use their City models without a carseat, and it is better for the baby. We've done it with both our City models and both our baby boys. Just get a Snuzzler (cheap on CL!) and buckle the baby in. Really, it'll be okay :):yeahthat: Save yourself the money on the adapter!

strollerqueen
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
:yeahthat: Save yourself the money on the adapter!

:yeahthat:

newg
01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry to hear that for you. Good news is...you can use their City models without a carseat, and it is better for the baby. We've done it with both our City models and both our baby boys. Just get a Snuzzler (cheap on CL!) and buckle the baby in. Really, it'll be okay :)

could you still "walk quickly" without having the baby in a carseat? With DD I kept her in the carseat for my "quickly walking" workouts and would like to do the same once DC2 arrives.
That's why I was getting so excited about the chicco adaptor!!

Dr C
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I have often done a "quick walk" with a DD in a BJ, as long as I'm on a smooth surface. I'd go slower over bumps. I've even broken into a slow jog (briefly) to keep up with DS on his bike, and DD looks quite happy in her BJCC. You don't want to really run, as that can shake the baby, but the air tires are pretty cushy and the seat, when reclined, is sort of suspended like a hammock so really the shock absorption is pretty decent. DD is MUCH more comfy in her stroller than her carseat, esp for a long walk.
If you are up for a fast walk anytime in the first few weeks postpartum you are much more athletic than I!

a2mom
01-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm bummed to hear about the car seat attachment not being released until late April. Our second daughter is due mid-April and one of the reasons we went with the BJCMD is that it would have a Chicco car seat attachment. It's so nice to be able to just pop her into a seat and only have to mess with buckles once! But at least the stroller can handle a newborn w/o the car seat.

Not sure how much I'll be going out with a newborn in the first couple weeks anyway...

jacksmoma
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
remember a single snap n go works great and toddler can walk...much less bulk for a quick trip!