PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Roundabout50

OnCloud999
01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
We currently have a Marathon and a Roundabout (regurlar not the 50), but our vehicle with the Marathon was involved in a collision two days ago, so we need to replace the Marathon.

I was thinking of getting either another Marathon or the Roundabout 50. My son is fairly big, he just turned two and is 28.5 lbs and 33.5 inches, so I wanted something that will last longer (I'd like to keep him in a convertible as long as I can). He is currently in the Roundabout (in my car) but we will switch him to the car seat that we will purchase when my 3 month old outgrows his infant seat.

Does anyone know whether the Roundabout 50 is the same as the Roundabout but bigger? HOw is it rated? I absolutely love our Roundabout but my only issue with it was that the straps for the Latch system were too short even when extended so we had to use the seatbelt to secure the seat. I wonder whether the Roundabout 50 will be the same?

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback on the Roundabout 50...

WatchingThemGrow
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I've heard they were the same size as the Marathon, but every time I compare the height of the top slots in Target (just on the shelf next to each other) the Marathon always seems to have taller top slots. Could be my imagination, but I've looked at it 2-3 times now.

Joolsplus2
01-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, it's 'about' the same size as the Marathon, anyway, lol. If you don't need lockoffs for a seatbelt installation, it's fine. The harness adjuster is not as easy as the Roundabout, not as tough as the Marathon. Overall, a nice compromise, all of what you want, none of what you don't need.

jjordan
01-28-2010, 03:53 PM
According to the official specs on the Britax website, the roundabout 50 actually has higher harness slots than the marathon. If I were choosing between the two I'd go with whatever I could get a better price on. :)

jackyl08
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I have the RA50 and the Diplomat, which is essentially a regular RA with wings. I LOVE the RA50. The harness adjuster is very similar to the regular RA, the straps don't twist ad installation is a breeze, even with a seatbelt. I have not had the LATCH strap issue with mine. It is currently installed with a seatbelt in the center of an 04 Explorer. The ONLY thing I like better on the Marathon is the seperate LATCH straps, but that is important enough to me to get the Marathon.

tnrnchick74
01-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I can't compare to other Britax products, but I have 2 True Fits (grandma & babysitter/spare) but DS's MAIN seat is a RA50. I find the RA50 MUCH easier to install RF using LATCH than the TF using either LATCH or seatbelt.

I also hate the continuous harness on the TF and I find the straps twisty. No such problems with the RA50. DS actually had to move down a strap slot when I moved him to the RA 50 - it seems to have a deeper "butt" well, and there are not crotch strap fitting issues.

I would buy another RA50 in a heartbeat!

satchnbucky
01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Don't know if this helps you or not, but diapers.com has 15% off one item through the 31st - code is 15pctty (Britax does not seem to be one of the brands that's excluded)
If you go through bing shopping, you should be able to get an additional 10% back. (If you haven't ordered before, you may also be able to combine with the 10percent first time code and/or referral code - not sure about that though)...