PDA

View Full Version : Britax Carseat sale Feb 7th for 2 weeks

austinbaby
01-28-2010, 10:56 PM
I was at my local BuyBuyBaby store tonight looking to buy a new Britax carseat. I was talking to a Britax representative who was in the store promoting their seats. I told them that I would probably buy my seat online for a better price, free shipping, no tax etc. He told me that the Britax car seats are going on sale on Feb 7th for 2 weeks. He said 20% off. He acted as if it was a secret.....but, thats what he said. He also said that the Decathalon was discontinued. Im not sure if the sale is only at that store or not......

mum-to-be
02-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Any more news on the Britax sale? Is it happening? I need to buy a Frontier for my son, and so far I have found it for $195.49 on Albee Baby after the 15% off code. Are there any better deals?

I'm also looking for a Graco Infant seat. DS's infant car seat is now 5 years old, so I'm not sure if that is too old. Does anyone know? Any advice? His also only went up to 26" which meant he was too tall for it by the time he was 5 months. This was a pain because he couldn't sit up in the shopping cart yet but I could no longer snap his car seat into it. I don't want to waste money, but I do want my baby to be safe. I could put her in his roundabout seat once he is in the frontier, and then I wouldn't need an infant seat at all, but I think this could be too annoying because I would have to move her in and out of the car seat all the time.

MeISOE
02-10-2010, 08:27 AM
check out one of the posts on www.babycheapskate.com for some up to date prices on the various online retailers. This site has been updating sale prices for various models, etc. Right now it is on the main page, but if anything else posts above it (new posts) you may have to check "older posts" at the bottom of the page.

smiles33
02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Any more news on the Britax sale? Is it happening? I need to buy a Frontier for my son, and so far I have found it for $195.49 on Albee Baby after the 15% off code. Are there any better deals?

I'm also looking for a Graco Infant seat. DS's infant car seat is now 5 years old, so I'm not sure if that is too old. Does anyone know? Any advice? .

I got my Frontier from diapers.com after price-matching to a babycatalog website that had it for $229, used a 15% coupon, and 10% Bing.com rebate. It was $187 (I bought 2 so the 15% off coupon was split between 2 seats).

Graco seats expire 6 years after manufacture so yours might be expired before you're ready to move to a convertible. If your DS1 outgrew it by height, consider getting a new Snugride 32, which is for larger babies (goes to 30" and 32 pounds I think). Or, move to a convertible and just wear your baby in a sling/wrap/soft structured carrier. I love my Beco Butterfly 2 and it's easier to put DD2 in that and hold DD1's hand than it is to carry the infant seat and hold DD1's hand.

Sweetum
02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Could you tell me how you got the 15% off coupon for diapers.com? Is it something you can share? I'll be doing the exact same thing you did for my DS BLVD

Thanks!
-SunshineAndMe

smiles33
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Could you tell me how you got the 15% off coupon for diapers.com? Is it something you can share? I'll be doing the exact same thing you did for my DS BLVD

Thanks!
-SunshineAndMe

It expired last week (1/31). Another poster here mentioned it. Sorry!

mum-to-be
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

Thanks!
-SunshineAndMe

I stumbled across a 10% off discount for diapers.com - code is 10PERCENT but it is for new customers only.

I found it on babycheapskates.com - thanks so much for the tip MeISOE. How do I search for deals on it? Is that possible? I have been trying to see if there is a deal on either the safeseat or the snugride.

MeISOE
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I found it on babycheapskates.com - thanks so much for the tip MeISOE. How do I search for deals on it? Is that possible? I have been trying to see if there is a deal on either the safeseat or the snugride.

They tend to just post whatever deals are available daily. There is a search bar on the right under the "new on BC" links, so you could try that and see if any deals on those seats had come up lately. I just check this site every day to see what new coupons or deals are available, in addition to perusing the Baby Bargains board. Between these two sites, I have done more than enough shopping to irritate DH :)

mum-to-be
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I got my Frontier from diapers.com after price-matching to a babycatalog website that had it for $229, used a 15% coupon, and 10% Bing.com rebate.

How do you get the 10% cashback on Bing? And thanks for all the other info!

smiles33
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
How do you get the 10% cashback on Bing? And thanks for all the other info!

Have you used Bing.com before? You need to click on the link from Bing to Diapers.com and it will somehow tag your purchase and then issue you a refund in 60 days or so.

mum-to-be
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Have you used Bing.com before? You need to click on the link from Bing to Diapers.com and it will somehow tag your purchase and then issue you a refund in 60 days or so.

Yes, but it says 3-10%. Is there an item you search for to get the 10%?