PDA

View Full Version : Another WWYD - switch to FF?

elbert
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
I have a 3.25 year old DD who has pretty much just hit the weight limit for RF in her Marathon. She's very happy RF in our Sienna and it's been working well for us. Can't decide if I should just turn her FF or buy another seat that buys me some additional time RF (Radian?). She'll be our only child, so we don't need to consider who is using what next, but we'll need an extra car seat for out-of-town grandparents at some point (there's a Scenera there now, which she's been in once and is nearing the height limit) -- could always use the Marathon for that.

WWYD? Advice? Thoughts?

HIU8
01-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I got DS to 3.5 RF and decided to turn him around. There were not the ERF seats to 40 or 45 lbs then though. DD is almost at the RF limit of her MA as well (at 2.5). I have decided to turn her FF at the end of the winter instead of get a new seat (b/c DS has outgrown his MA and he needs a new seat sooner than she will).

Joolsplus2
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
I felt fine turning my dd2 FF at 3 in her seats with 33lb weight limits. If you just happen to want a Radian, it IS a great seat, and really nice for forward facing, too.

arivecchi
01-29-2010, 03:00 PM
If you just happen to want a Radian, it IS a great seat, and really nice for forward facing, too.:yeahthat:

jackyl08
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I would personally be fine turning a 3.5yr old ff, but the Radians are pretty nice.