PDA

View Full Version : Jeans for DH?

cmo
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
It is time for some new jeans for DH, and he could probably use a style upgrade. The Levi's 505s are just looking kinda dumpy now! To complicate matters, he wears a 33 waist, which is not easy to find.

Any suggestions? What jeans does your DH wear? Thanks very much!

zukeypur
01-29-2010, 03:18 PM
My DH likes GAP jeans. There are some that say 1969 on them that are on clearance right now.

Corie
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
My DH likes GAP jeans. There are some that say 1969 on them that are on clearance right now.

I think those are the Gap jeans that my husband wears.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Gap or Banana Republic are the ones the we buy with god luck for dh.

For uneven waist sizes, you can usually find them online.

Beth

codex57
01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Budget?

Some, but only some, Banana Republic jeans fit really well. 33 is actually easier to find on sale here than 32 (I used to wear 32 but now I seem to be a 33). Gap, being a sister company, isn't bad either.

Yes, I have 1 pair of Seven jeans. Fit awesome, but it's pretty metrosexual. DW likes me to carry all her stuff (cell phone, id, etc) so she doesn't have to bring a purse. The 7 jeans are too tight for that. My favorites for roomier jeans are the Banana ones (you may have to try EVERY style the store has to find, maybe, one comfy style... but mine was oh so comfy). For Levis, I prefer the Silvertabs. I can usually find them on sale at Macy's for about $30.

kozachka
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
We got DH two pairs of jeans from Marshall's - one is by Tommy Hilfiger and the other by DKNY. They look much better than his Levi's and they cost about the same. I have also picked two pairs of designer jeans for him, one by Earnest Sewn and the other by Chip & Pepper,. I bought them at Gilt and RueLaLa for ~$60 each but we have yet to have them shortened. DH prefers Earnest Sewn fit and fabric and they are not skin tight. You can find higher end jeans at Marshall's and TJ Maxx for $50-$100 depending on the brand.

niccig
01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
DH wears Gap jeans. We both like Lucky Jeans, but wait until they have their sales to get those at half-price.

elektra
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
DH only has one pair of jeans and he really likes them. They are AG (adriano goldschmeid) (sp?) he likes them because they ate thin and a little roomy. DH could not pull off skinny jeans but he still wants to be stylish to a certain degree.

codex57
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
We got DH two pairs of jeans from Marshall's - one is by Tommy Hilfiger and the other by DKNY. They look much better than his Levi's and they cost about the same. I have also picked two pairs of designer jeans for him, one by Earnest Sewn and the other by Chip & Pepper,. I bought them at Gilt and RueLaLa for ~$60 each but we have yet to have them shortened. DH prefers Earnest Sewn fit and fabric and they are not skin tight. You can find higher end jeans at Marshall's and TJ Maxx for $50-$100 depending on the brand.

Chip & Pepper is actually quite good too if you find one you like. I had no idea what they were (we bought it at some weird sample sale our friend invited us too), but apparently it's one of those $200 jean brands.

I like DKNY too, but I've only found tighter ones (I like looser with big pockets). Still, for a designer brand, you can usually find them for VERY cheap.

jenfromnj
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
My husband likes Banana Republic jeans, as well. He also really likes Lucky jeans, they're normally on the expensive side, but I have gotten a few pairs at the outlet and even at our local BJ's for under $50.

clc053103
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Budget?

Some, but only some, Banana Republic jeans fit really well. 33 is actually easier to find on sale here than 32 (I used to wear 32 but now I seem to be a 33). Gap, being a sister company, isn't bad either.

Yes, I have 1 pair of Seven jeans. Fit awesome, but it's pretty metrosexual. DW likes me to carry all her stuff (cell phone, id, etc) so she doesn't have to bring a purse. The 7 jeans are too tight for that. My favorites for roomier jeans are the Banana ones (you may have to try EVERY style the store has to find, maybe, one comfy style... but mine was oh so comfy). For Levis, I prefer the Silvertabs. I can usually find them on sale at Macy's for about $30.

You own Sevens? Wow, I thought you were cool for being on these boards, I like you even more now! There's nothing wrong with tapping into your inner metrosexual every now and then!

My DH likes Lucky, Gap and Ralph Lauren. He isn't into premium denim (though I am!)

MissyAg94
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Lucky Jeans from Costco.

codex57
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
My Costco has had Seven jeans and Citizens of Humanity. Apparently, 7, CoH, and Lucky all have some exec that was involved with the 3 companies at one point.

I think for mens tho, the Costco only had Lucky jeans. The women got more choices.

BillK
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Call me boring but I like my Levis, Lee or Carhartt jeans.

AnnieW625
01-29-2010, 05:57 PM
You own Sevens? Wow, I thought you were cool for being on these boards, I like you even more now! There's nothing wrong with tapping into your inner metrosexual every now and then!

My DH likes Lucky, Gap and Ralph Lauren. He isn't into premium denim (though I am!)

My BIL will only wear 7s. DH has tried them, but he has yet to find a pair he really likes.

My DH's favorite pairs are currently from American Rag Company and we go them at Macys. I believe they were about $40 or so. ARC also has some stand alone stores, but we haven't been in one yet. He also has a pair of Lucky's that he likes too, but right now his faves are from ARC.

caleymama
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
DH is not into fancy denim and has had good luck at Old Navy and American Eagle. He wears a 34/34 or 34/32 and they can't be too snug, but he doesn't like them baggy either. Boot cut, I think he's gotten recently? He has issues with jeans (well, pants in general) being too snug across the hips. Less so now that he doesn't have the hockey booty he had for years - it's slimmed down since he traded hockey for ultra running!

smilequeen
01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
My husband loves 7s too. I have had WAY too much influence on his style :) They look great though (7s look like crud on me, I'm way too curvy, but he's slender). Before he got addicted to those, he did Banana Republic and they looked good too.

MamaKath
01-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Call me boring but I like my Levis, Lee or Carhartt jeans.
Sounds like my husband, lol! Carhartt's are his favorites.

crl
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
DH went through a Tony Bahama's jeans phase and recently bought a couple of pairs of Lucky jeans for dress-down Fridays. (I, on the other hand, am wearing Eddie Bauer jeans, purchased on sale--what's wrong with this picture?)

Catherine

Tondi G
01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
MY husband wears Levi's loose fit jeans from Target for work but he has some Lucky brand jeans from Costco that he really likes and wears outside of work!

mom2binsd
01-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I got DH some jeans as it seemed like his jeans were "mom" jeans....got some darker ones from the GAP, 1969 not sure of the style, they sit a little lower than his old ones and the different rinse really made a difference. I got them for 60.00 but got a 20.00 GAP gift card after the purchase

salsah
01-30-2010, 12:59 AM
dh has been happy with his gap jeans.

Drag0nflygirl
01-30-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm suprised no one else has mentioned Eddie Bauer. They're nicely cut and well made. They're all DH wears. Also, a size like 33 would likely be on the clearance rack for $20!