PDA

View Full Version : Best ankle socks?

nrp
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
I just threw out a bunch of old socks. I saved a couple of nice pair of ankle socks (that I wear with athletic shoes) but I don't know what brand they were so I can't replace them. I like nice thick-ish ones that hold their shape and don't get all stretched out after wear and washing. I saw these at Gap that got good reviews, but I'd love some recommendations.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=37901&vid=1&pid=518478&scid=518478022

I don't mind them being a bit more expensive - the old socks I had always bugged me so I'd like a good supply of nice ones. TIA!

lizzywednesday
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
What are you looking for, exactly?

Athletic socks, like running socks? Or just a sock that comes to your ankle?

Champion C-9 at Target holds up decently, is 100% cotton and the seams are smooth, so they're my go-to sock for everyday wear.

For something more serious, like long-distance walking, I like running socks from Adidas (bought in a 3-pair pack at Famous Footwear) and Fox River.

When it's cold outside, I like Thorlo lightweight hiking socks or SmartWool.

Yeah, I know. I'm a bit of a sock diva.

WatchingThemGrow
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Thorlo and Belega are my favorite. They're both running socks and very comfy.

brgnmom
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I like the ones from Adidas. I went to the adidas outlet and bought ankle ones there for a reasonable price--can't remember exactly, but they were on sale. Sometimes the Adidas outlet will give customers a $10 gift card for free to spend on a $10 minimum purchase.