PDA

View Full Version : Safety -- Double Snap n Go / Keyfit 30

BostonMom
02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Sorry, I know this has been discussed before (I've read all the posts here and searched all over) but I hope somebody can help clarify for me: do two Chicco Keyfit 30s really fit safely in a Double Snap n Go?

I can make the seats fit in the stroller by taking out *all* the metal cross bars and resting the seats on the front (furthest from handles) and middle black plastic cross beams and the rear flip-out grey feet. I can then tie the seats down with the safety straps. Because the seats push up against each other, it takes a bit of wiggling to make this work, but it does. However, in this position the seats still rest on the bars rather than snap onto anything, and therefore can rock back and forth (though not side to side) somewhat when I push them.

Is this amount of freedom of movement a safety risk? Is this how other car seats like the Snugrides fit with the double snap n go frame, or do those actually "snap" in?

Thanks for your help! I did a lot of research on the Keyfits and really want to stick with them, but after all the effort I've gone through to firmly anchor the Keyfits in the car, it seems odd to just rest them on a stroller frame

twowhat?
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I had two snugrides and they "snapped" in (by using the same latch that straps them into their car seat bases) at the back and rested on the bar in the front but even snapped in I could rock them back and forth. I always used the safety straps as an extra precaution though I doubt they could fall out once snapped in.

You might want to call Baby Trend and ask them about the Keyfits and the double snap n go. I thought the Keyfits were incompatible (that's why I didn't get Keyfits).

iggy_saurus
02-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I tried it and wasn't comfortable with how they fit. But then I realized that the new DSG (black) isn't the same as the old one (navy) which is the one a lot of the old posts refer to. I bought an older model from Craigslist and the seats fit nicely. They don't snap, but they wedge in. I've been using this for 7 months now and no problems.

You can tell the older model because it is navy blue.

AJP
02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes! The navy blue one (older model) is what we used without issue. They don't "snap" but fit perfectly and you don't get that crazy forward tilt of the seats. It was very secure for our keyfits, just remember to buckle the safety straps.

CO Mom123
03-26-2010, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=BostonMom;2612822]I can make the seats fit in the stroller by taking out *all* the metal cross bars and resting the seats on the front (furthest from handles) and middle black plastic cross beams and the rear flip-out grey feet.

This is exactly how we used the Keyfit30's with the DSNG w/ no problems for 9 months. I was a little concerned about the fit as well, but found that if I put the seat closest to the handlebar in first the fit was better. Also, the weight of the babies seemed to make the seat fit more snug.

Hope that helps!