PDA

View Full Version : 3 Across the Backseat ?

cindylouhoo
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
My 2 1/2 year old & 4 year old are in Britax Boulevards in our Trailblazer's back seat. Our 4 year old is 42 in. & 40 lbs. From day to day, they will stay in the Boulevards. However, there will be a few days in which I'll be keeping my 9 year old niece. She has a booster seat, but I'm not sure what kind.
I cannot fit the booster between the Boulevards. They just don't fit! Is there a smaller car seat or booster seat for my 4 year old that would be safe and allow all of them to fit across the back?
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

WatchingThemGrow
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Did you try installing the seats with seatbelts instead of LATCH? It moves them to the outside edge a bit more and gives you more center room. Other than that, we use a Radian when we need to make more space in our middle row.

jjordan
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I agree that the first thing to try is installing with seatbelts rather than LATCH, and if that doesn't make enough of a difference, a Radian is certainly the narrowest convertible and getting one or two of those will likely help.

However radians also tend to be expensive, and it might make more sense for you to either buy a less expensive convertible seat (that is still narrower than what you have), or go ahead and buy the "next seat up" for your 4 year old IF it gives you more space.

So for instance - you might try a scenera for your 2.5 year old and see if that alleviates the space issue.

gamma
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
I see that Graco is making the CarGo again. I love this seat because it is so narrow and light weight! We have been able to fir 3 across in almost any situation. It is only a forward facing seat though.

http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/ProductListingPage.aspx?catid=10:41||1+10434:42949 59423||1

Eliz_n_Abi_s_Mommy_Karen
02-02-2010, 12:39 AM
May I just take this time to applaud the OP's niece's parents who are keeping their 9-year-old daughter in a booster? How many nieces (or nephews for that matter) at nine years are still in boosters?? That's great!!

cdlamis
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
May I just take this time to applaud the OP's niece's parents who are keeping their 9-year-old daughter in a booster? How many nieces (or nephews for that matter) at nine years are still in boosters?? That's great!!

Exactly! And that's why I love this board too! No one said "A 9 yr old? Just take her out of the booster! She's old enough now."

westgre
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I second the recommendation of the CarGo. It's very narrow, light, and easy to install. The only downer is that it only harnesses to 40 pounds.