PDA

View Full Version : Bull Frog Sunscreen? Is it recommended? Did I make this up? :)

srhs
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Saw some Bull Frog sunscreen on sale and stocked up, thinking I'd read it was a good one here. Just searched the threads to be sure I have the varieties with safe ingredients and no luck.
Can't find it on the SkinDeep database or SafeMama list. Did I make this up? Confuse it with Blue Lizard? I could see that.

If so, it's going back.

Feeling dumb .:confused: Help a tired mama out.

ett
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
What's the ingredient list?

srhs
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
1 Kind:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (11%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2%), Oxybenzone (5%)

Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (65.7% w/w), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Phenethyl Benzoate, Polyester 8, Tocopheryl Acetate

Other Kind:Active Ingredients: Meradimate (5%, Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%, Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%, Sunscreen), Octocrylene (10%, Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (6%, Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (7%, Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Styrene/Acrylataes Copolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Dimethiconol, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Polyacryamide, Neopentyl Glycol Dioctanoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Alumina, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Thanks! I'm clueless!

ETA--Oh no, bunch of junk in the inactive list, including fragrance...
WHY oh WHY did I think this was on the good list? Huh.

ett
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I generally stick with physical sunblocks who's active ingredient is zinc oxide. Both of the sunscreens above are chemical sunblocks. There's also fragrance and parabens in the inactive ingredient list, so it's not going to rate very highly on the Skin Deep list. I'd probably just return them.

srhs
02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I generally stick with physical sunblocks who's active ingredient is zinc oxide. Both of the sunscreens above are chemical sunblocks. There's also fragrance and parabens in the inactive ingredient list, so it's not going to rate very highly on the Skin Deep list. I'd probably just return them.
Yes, will do! :signthankspin:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Frogs and lizards are both creatures. Plus, we have the BBB poster Frgsnlzrds (sp?).:ROTFLMAO:

Don't feel bad, mommy brain gets the best of all of us sometimes!

DrSally
02-06-2010, 01:07 AM
You might have confused it with Blue Lizard, but I thought Bullfrog also made a physical sunblock?