PDA

View Full Version : snugride infant car seat question

jrn90
02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
pregnant with twins, due May 10th- we have a snugride (reg. one, only goes till 20lbs 26inches) that will expire Dec. 2010 - we definately need to get one more- my question is should we get two new ones? will my old snugride last? My first child who was 10 lbs 6 oz at birth was out of the snugride by 6months - but I know twins tend to be smaller so I am wondering if they will be in them longer ? also should we cosider upgarding to the snugride 32? i have read these are heavier- thanks

o_mom
02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I answered in your other thread, but if it is an older 20 lb model, I think you should upgrade to have a matched set. :) Any new one you buy will have EPS foam for better impact protection. If you have one older and one newer, you will have to choose which twin gets which seat. Also, the older one will be outgrown before the new, sometimes by 3-4 months or more.

Neither of the Snugrides is great with smaller babies, but the 32 is a bit better than the 22 for that. The KeyFit is an even better choice if they are very small, so keep that in mind if they should make an early appearance - don't take the tags off the seats and keep the receipts until you are ready to bring them home.

AnnieW625
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I noticed that you are in an MI state so if it's cold during the winter there then I would look at the SR 35 (new version of the SR 32) because I have heard that getting kids in and out of the car during the winter with the infant seats is much more convenient. Also if you still don't think you want to go to up to 18 mos. in an infant seat then I would also look at the Chicco Key Fit 30, which from what I have heard gets most babies to a year and is suppose to be really good for small babies.

I am due May 7th so good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!