PDA

View Full Version : Safety - Double Snap n Go

BostonMom
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry, I know this has been discussed before (I've read all the posts here and searched all over the web) but I hope somebody can help clarify for me: do two Chicco Keyfit 30s really fit safely in a Double Snap n Go?

I can make the seats fit in the stroller by taking out *all* the metal cross bars and resting the seats on the front (furthest from handles) and middle black plastic cross beams and the rear flip-out grey feet. I can then tie the seats down with the safety straps. Because the seats push up against each other, it takes a bit of wiggling to make this work, but it does. However, in this position the seats still rest on the bars rather than snap onto anything, and therefore can rock back and forth (though not side to side) somewhat when I push them.

Is this amount of freedom of movement a safety risk? Is this how other car seats like the Snugrides fit with the double snap n go frame, or do those actually "snap" in?

Thanks for your help! I did a lot of research on the Keyfits and really want to stick with them, but after all the effort I've gone through to firmly anchor the Keyfits in the car, it seems odd to just rest them on a stroller frame

Joolsplus2
02-01-2010, 06:21 PM
If you take this set up out for a little test run and the seats don't fall off? It's fine :)
It takes some getting used to the fact that they won't snap in, but figure this: The fastest accident you can have is if you jog into a curb at 5 miles an hour. Compared to possibly crashing at 35 miles per hour in the car (about 99% of crashes are at that speed or below, despite higher speed limits), the force is barely anything. So, no worries. (About this, anyway, lol. Congratulations on your impending arrivals!)

:)

AJP
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
We had the keyfit 30's and the older model double snap n go work perfectly for us. The seats were a lot more secure in the older (07) model vs the the (then) new (08) version, but didn't snap into either. The movement that scared me was non-existant in the older model. I bought it locally on craigslist for $40 or $50 and just returned the new one. I was not changing my car seat choice but I was determined to make them work. Let me know if you want to buy mine...$20 and its yours lol!