PDA

View Full Version : What's in your diaper bag?

MacMacMoo
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
How old is your little one and what's in your diaper bag? I feel bad that on most days it's just two diapers and some wipes just shoved into my purse. Maybe a toy... DS2 will be born soon and I'm wondering what I should actually be carrying again.

crazye
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
DD#1 is 2.5 years old and daytime PTd so I have a pair of underwear & legging type pants for her, a small ziplock bag of disposable bibs, wipes, bendy straws and placemats for restaurant use, my wallet/checkbook, digital camera (point & shoot, not DSLR), a couple pens, coin purse, biz card holder (I'm a Tastefully Simple consultant), a little card holder with things like my "frequent buyer" cards and my day planner. Once #2 is born (sometime in the next 6 weeks) I will have to add back in a wipe container, a couple cloth dipes, burp cloth. Right now I have a TON of space in the bag so adding those few things won't be an issue. Also I am using the outside bottle pockets for hats/gloves for both me and DD#1 but obviously as the weather gets warmer I won't be doing that.

DD#1 carries her own dolly (a little ragdoll she insists on taking everywhere) but isn't that needy with the toys. Most of our trips out are to the grocery store (and she likes to help hold coupons and such) or to her activities (library, where I bring a separate small canvas bag for her books). I will probably keep a larger bag in the trunk of my car with a few more cloth diapers, change of clothes for both girls, etc., that way I have it but i don't have to lug it with me. I carry a SkipHop Studio bag (upgraded from the horrendous JJ Cole System bag which I LOATHED and was thrilled when it fell apart enough that I could justify replacing it...and it was after the warranty period so "oh darn" I couldn't just get a replacement bag ;) )

Dr C
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Dipes, wipes, tiny container of butt cream, burp rag, spare sleeper, thin receiving blanket, pacifiers, 2 oz bottle of ready to feed formula (the few times this has come in handy it has been REALLY useful), nipple, nursing pads. Of course when DH has her he adds a couple bottles of pumped milk. I think that's about it. We use a small bag (LE little tripper). On short trips I'll just shove a diaper into her carseat and go.

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I have 2 bags- one stays in the car and one is like my purse. Ds2 is 2yo and ds1 is 7yo and well past the age where I need stuff for him. :)

In the car I have a change of clothes, an extra shirt for me, extra diapers, a hat and a few small toys. When ds2 was younger I also had a blanket in there and a few pacifiers (love the JJ Cole Pacifier Pod!).

In my bag I have a diaper clutch with 2-3 diapers, wipes and 2 disposable pads. I also have some small toys, crayons, snacks and a sippy cup. Oh, and a first aid kit. I use the Lands End Little Tripper.

I never was one to have everything and the kitchen sink. I think I did have tylenol in there at one point for when we were going to the Dr. and he was getting shots.

BEth

Piglet
02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
The more kids I had, the less I carried with me... my van is my diaper bag, LOL. I just bring a snack and that's all. I run to the van if I need anything urgently.

happymom
02-01-2010, 11:55 PM
DD is 13 months and I have the LE Little Tripper which is usually left in my car. Inside, I keep 3 diapers, a small travel wipes, diaper cream, and a sleeper (just easier than a complete outfit and works in case of emergency), a small toy or 2, cheerios or baby puffs (sometimes in a snack trap), an empty sippy cup, and a pacifier. All that fits with room for more. When I go out for a couple hours, I will usually throw some snacks in my purse and fill up the sippy cup with water.