PDA

View Full Version : dear body: get with the program!

nfowife
02-02-2010, 02:49 AM
dear body, I have been doing weight watchers for a month now and working out religiously doing the "30 day shred" for almost 2 weeks. I get up at 6 every morning before the kids to get my workout in and the most naughty thing I've eaten is a skinny cow fudge popsicle. And you've lost a grand total of 2 lbs.!!! What is wrong with you? It takes me like 2 days to gain 5 lbs. and then it's months to get it off? Something is not right here. I'm tired of depriving myself of so much yummy food for NO payoff. Metabolism, I hate you.

sariana
02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
I don't know what the 30-Day Shred involves, but if you are building muscle, you will gain weight at first. So a loss of two pounds is better than it sounds. Once you have that new muscle, your metabolism should "ramp up" and start burning calories faster.

Good for you for sticking to a regimen! You'll get there. Wish I had the motivation.

hellokitty
02-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I commiserate with you. I haven't been super strict with my diet, but I've been doing 30 day shred for a month and only lost a few lbs so far. To me, it is a really hard workout too, so I thought I'd lose more wt. So, now I am really trying to watch my diet even more and I'm not snacking at all in the evening and I'm going to see if that helps. I do feel more toned and think I probably did gain muscle, b/c doing the treadmill now seems easy.

ladysoapmaker
02-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I have notice when I do intense workouts I tend to lose inches instead of weight. Highly frustrating. Did you happen to get measurements of your waist & hips before you started?

Jen

fivi2
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't have any basis for this,but when I start a new "diet" or way of eating, I only do very light exercise. I go for walks, do some light weightlifting dvds, or a low impact beginner dvd. For me, it is too overwhelming for my body to do both. Once I have adjusted to the new diet, then I ramp up the workouts. As people have said, you may just be building muscle and that is why the scale hasn't changed. Or, if the workout is intense, you may be eating more (and you may need to eat more). Anyway, I don't have any basis, but I find it easier to change diet OR exercise, not both at the same time!

(I have just started my new weight loss plan, so have been giving this some thought :) )

Congrats on all the changes, though! You are getting healthier even if you can't see it yet!

mommylamb
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
By any chance, is your thryroid ok? I know that can cause problems for people looking to loose weight.

khalloc
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I got the 30 day shred last summer and started doing it and noticed I was gaining weight too. I stopped it. :( Maybe I should have tried to stick with it longer.