PDA

View Full Version : MoMs--One dresser or two? (Orgainizng the clothes)

BeachBum
02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Thus far, we've had both boys clothes together in one dresser. It is currently busting at the seams. Our boys do not share a room, but have a jack in jill bath. I usually dress them both in the room with the changing table and dresser.

I don't know what to do now? I can't imagine putting laundry away in two different rooms etc. But I don't know what to do with all the clothes either. I could invest in some sort of closet drawers of that is the answer, but I hate to spend the money without knowing.

How do you have your twins clothes set up? What works? What doesn't?

Any tips?

fivi2
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
My girls share a room, dresser, closet, and clothes! I have to weed through them regularly, and usually store off season clothes in a box in the top of the closet. The dresser is pretty big, though. Some things like socks and panties and swim suits get stuffed in an over the door shoe organizer thing with clear pockets. Not the best solution, but we have a teeny tiny house!

twowhat?
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I would love to have a bigger house and more space for storage furniture. Our girls share a room and we throw most of their clothes in one dresser, and we have 2 hanging drawer units in the closet (from IKEA) where we put smaller items like socks, tees, leggings, hats, etc. It is FAR from ideal. But I cannot imagine keeping their clothing separate until they are much older.

AJP
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Our girls share a room, closet and the dressers. I couldn't imagine seperating their laundry at such a young age if they had seperate rooms. We have plenty of drawer space...a tall dresser with 5 drawers and a lower dresser/changing top with 3 drawers. Our closet is not very wide, but we only hang dresses, cardigans, coats and new out of season items. Even with a double hanging rod there's lots of space at the bottom. Outgrown clothes go into a tub at the bottom as they are outgrown. When its full it gets moved. Something in the closet could be your best bet, especially of you don't want to take up more space in the room.

caheinz
02-02-2010, 11:50 PM
One BIG dresser, but really, it's all diapers (cloth) and pajamas for now. The clothes are all in the closet. (Re-did the closet with Elfa a few years ago, and LOVE it.) Closet has four hanging areas and a shelf area down the middle -- pants go on the shelves, next-size-up clothes are hung on one side of the closet, and current clothes on the more-accessible side.

Naranjadia
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Hmmm. I shouldn't really answer because I have b/g twins, so in our case it sort of made sense from 6 months on to have the clothes separate. We have two closets in their shared room, each with a drawer system in the closet. But it would be a hassle if their clothes were kept in two rooms.

TwinFoxes
02-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Two dressers, all clothes co-mingled. There are no designated outfits yet. Shoes are the only thing that "belong" to a specific DD. But they share a room. We have enough bedrooms for them to have their own room, but it just seems like a lot of work, plus they miss each other if they're not sleeping in the same room.

BeachBum
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks. I'm off to shop for some closet solutions now. We don't really keep anything except next season and outgrown clothes in the closet (and misc junk). I think my best best is to install some drawers in there.

kellyd
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Dunno if it's going to work yet.... but our 3 will all share a room. At the time DS will be 25 months and newborn twins. There are two shelves in his closet area, We have baskets and shirts and pant sets for each child will have their own basket. Towels, blankets, sheets and mattress pads will be on the top shelf. Things that need hung on the bar. He has a 5 drawer dresser and in it will be 1 drawer for ds's jammies, 1 for socks, t-shirts and onesies, the other 3 will be twins jammies, onesies, socks, bibs, hats, misc. The changing table fits 4 baskets that will be diapers for each, covers, wipes etc.

That's the system I have planned... we'll have to see if it works!