PDA

View Full Version : Swim suit for a larger bust?

fivi2
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I am sure this has been asked, but seeing if there are any new suggestions!

I have a Lands End one that I like, but have not had much luck with newer ones, and this season's suits do not look great. (for this issue... They have cute ones, just not for my body!)

By larger bust, I mean 34 G or so.

Any suggestions?

sansdieu
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Dying to know, being a 34G myself. I got myself some tankini tops at LE last year. I got them in a plus size (14 or 16, can't remember anymore), so the breasts don't fall out -- but they aren't particularly supported (the band is too wide). As to the rest of the tankini, there's so much excess fabric that I can wrap myself three times in it. :(

I've seem some sold-by-cup-size tops at www.figleaves.com, but they were pretty pricey.

I wonder if it's possible to do alterations on swimsuits.

lizzywednesday
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM

I wonder if it's possible to do alterations on swimsuits.

Yes.

Just find a GREAT tailor/seamstress! Personally, I'd find an independently-owned lingerie shop to do the alteration. They are used to doing delicate work, though it will be spendy. Worth every penny, IMO. (I had the bustier I wore under my wedding gown altered at an independent lingerie shop; it was totally worth the $$ I spent!)

TwoBees
02-03-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.swimsuit4u.com/
This place makes custom suits. I did one about 10 years ago from them, it was pretty nice. It cost about $100 IIRC at that time, which was comparable to good-quality cup-size separates that I found. Didn't get another one only because I found others that I liked (Lands' End being one, but I only needed a DD). I still have the bottoms, outgrew the top.

wellyes
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh never mind, I was going to say Lands End but you don't like them!

michellerw
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Lane Bryant will (or did) sell their two pieces separately. I think I actually have one that's an 18 on top and a 14 on the bottom... you might want to look into that option.

elektra
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Athleta sells some suits that have larger cup sizes, but I think it might max out at DD or DDD.

BeachBum
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I've had good luck with Aletha, but that was for DD. When I was larger I had good luck at AerinRose.com

Searching "Bra sized swimsuit" and similar terms might turn up some good ideas for you.