PDA

View Full Version : Graco Turbo booster question

HIU8
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Is the turbo booster Safeseat step 3 the same as the graco highback turbo booster? It looks like it's just a different name depending on where you buy it from, but I wanted to doublecheck.

From Jools and others recs we are looking at that and/or a vivo for DS to use occassionally in my fathers car (he is 37 lbs, 43 inches and 5 yrs old). In my car we are going to be getting him a frontier very soon to replace his MA.

Also, do you like the side wings on the vivo for a skinny kid more so that a more open model like the turbo booster? Do they bother kids at all?

Joolsplus2
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
The Safeseat 3 name is just a remnant of their failed Safeseat 1/2/3 naming scheme, it's the same seat (fwiw, the SS2 became the Cozycline and then was discontinued, who wants a seat as big as a house that only FF's 20-40 pounds? lol).
My kids adore the 'pillows' on the Vivo, and I like how far forward they come to protect the sides of the head. But it's a little harder to buckle than the Turbo. But it's comfier for leg support and has a taller back than the Turbo. Of course it's more expensive... and it can't be used backless... pros and cons to either one, really....

HIU8
02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm leaning toward the vivo due to the side impact protection. And DS loves that it comes in red. I'm not worried that it doesn't become backless, b/c we are a long way from using a backless booster. I found the vivo online for $10 more than the turbo booster also. I'm just attempting to find someplace IRL to make sure (it's only going to be used in grandpa's car and when DS outgrows the GO in DH's car).