PDA

View Full Version : Tall Women’s Clothes??

SM23Mama21
02-04-2010, 02:17 PM
For those of you that are tall, where do you shop? I've been buying my clothes at Old Navy and Gap because they carry the extra tall with longer inseams for both the legs and the arms, but I am getting tired of what they have to offer and the quality that I'm getting. So where do you shop?

elektra
02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I can do Old Navy or most anywere else for tops but not for pants. My pants pretty much consist of yoga pants, jean and dress-type pants for work.
Yoga pants- Lululemon - they have long lengths
Jeans- most designer jeans have longer inseams and with the newer straight or tapered leg skinny jeans, I feel like the length isn't quite as crucial
Dress pants- my latest ones are from Nordstrom and they are longer. I wear a small heel or flats with them though. They could be altered to go longer but I am too lazy to get it done and I prefer flats anyway for comfort!

lizzywednesday
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Try Tall Girl as well; it's one of the stores they sent that nanny, Lynn, from DC to during her makeover on 'What Not to Wear.'

IDK about the quality, but it should help a bit.

White House|Black Market carries tall & petite trouser & jeans sizes online.

Ann Taylor carries tall sizes online; I bought my last suit from them so I could get a tall trouser & jacket.

Land's End has a small selection of l/s tops that come in tall sizes; I am afraid to try their pants. They have one too many pair of tapered leg trousers & jeans for my comfort (if I wear tapered leg pants, I look like MC Hammer, and this is not a good thing.)

Zansu
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Eddie Bauer carries Tall, including nice suit separates.

I'm a tall Plus, and the only pants I can wear are AK Anne Klein and Jones New York (which are the same company) and I have to have the hems let down so that I have almost long-enough pants.

lizzywednesday
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Eddie Bauer carries Tall, including nice suit separates.

I'm a tall Plus, and the only pants I can wear are AK Anne Klein and Jones New York (which are the same company) and I have to have the hems let down so that I have almost long-enough pants.

Have you tried Lane Bryant? Their tall inseam is 36".

missym
02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
JCPenney has some tall sizes (online, our local store doesn't carry them). I like the cable knit sweaters for everyday wear.
http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=52229&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1829d87

vludmilla
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Athleta, Gap, Banana Republic, JCrew (though not so much lately-they used to sell tall tops but no more). I have no luck with the tall sizes from JCP, LLB, or LE as I find that they seem way too large on me in even the smallest sizes. I'm a small-boned 6 footer. :)
Ann Taylor online has some tall pants. AT Loft does too but I haven't had as much luck with them.

StantonHyde
02-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I am 5'10" and I love, love, love Talbots. I often don't have to buy the talls because their pants just fit well. My casual pants are Dockers metro fit--they come in regular and long lengths. I love the work pants I have from LE--and they hem to your specifications! As for their jeans--you used to be able to buy custom jeans and chinos from them. They have straight legs.