PDA

View Full Version : So what Graco Snugride 22 fabric would you get?

AnnieW625
02-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I got an email back from Graco about getting a new cover for my seat (2006 Jungle Adventure seat--it's still sold) and I guess I was kind of hoping that I would be able to get something a little nicer like the Sacchi print or one of the other nicer ones that is for the regular front adjust snugrides, but the email says I need to get one that is for the back adjust Snugrides. Why wouldn't the other ones work? (sorry I am being blond here, and just don't see why they wouldn't work because they both look to have the same holes for the straps to go in and then you'd just route them out the back instead of the top)

So here is a link to the 16 models that I can chose from:
http://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/productlistingPage.aspx?catid=10:41||1%2010434:429 4959420||1%209:1065||1&pno=1

Melbourne, Brentwood, Margo, and High Street Green look to be ones that would match our current beige/green top Graco handle better than the other ones, but I am still a little afraid that fabric will be kind of chintzy feeling. I have seen the Brooke model at our Target (don't have the Melbourne) and it's even more chintzy feeling than the one I currently have. Brentwood, and Margo look to be the most cottony, but our BRUS doesn't have them and I have yet to brave Wal Mart, and Sears to check the other two out. I know I am not going to get something as plush as the others, but now I might be back to the point of just trading in my carseat (once I get it back from a co worker) and getting a whole new seat.

WWYD?

catsnkid
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I have the very last one, Tango in the Tongo. You can get it online or at Baby Depot. I like it because it can go for a girl or a boy..

AnnieW625
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
See that's almost the same as the one I already have and I am not big on jungle prints and want something different, less cartoonish looking.

I did stop by Sears on my lunch hour and I did see the High Street Green one and it does look and feel nice, but I think there might be too much black for it to look decent with a beige base. Also went to Wal Mart, but they didn't have the ones they listed online, just the Pooh Bear one.

goldenpig
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Of the ones shown (that are gender neutral and no jungle prints), I like the Lively Dots one the best. Some of the others look kind of dated to me. But I'm not sure if that lime green would clash with your pale green handle.

AshleyAnn
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Well I'm head over heels in love with olivia but its pink. I like high street green if its a boy or you need neutral.

I think you could use a front adjust harness cover too. The only difference is a that they have a flap on the front for the harness adjuster. Don't forget they also sell travel systems in patterns that are sold exclusively as sets but you can still get the covers individually.

citymama
02-05-2010, 03:03 AM
I like the Lively Dots! Why are you getting a new carseat cover?

AnnieW625
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I like the Lively Dots one too, but I am afraid since it's the same price as the Brooke one at Target and it's really plasticky feeling (even more so than mine is). I don't particularly like my infant seat because it's a jungle print and not really my style. I would've preferred something in a basic grey or like the green/grey one, but this one was a gift and I didn't have the heart to return in 2006 when I got it. I am trying to find ways to convince myself that I don't need a whole new seat for possibly our last baby! With the exception the back adjusters and the jungle print the seat did it's job and it's still a good seat.

arivecchi
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I like Lively Dots the best. Would a Teutonia cover work?

AnnieW625
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I like Lively Dots the best. Would a Teutonia cover work?

No a Teutonia cover won't work because they only work for the Safe Seat/SR32/SR35 seat.

Thanks again!

PearlsMom
02-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd treat this as a chance to get a new carseat -- and get a front adjust one. That said, the Lively Dots is super cute and fresh looking, though you're probably right about the fabric feeling cheap. My $0.02.

arivecchi
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey, I will send you my 06 PV free of charge. :ROTFLMAO:

AnnieW625
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd treat this as a chance to get a new carseat -- and get a front adjust one. That said, the Lively Dots is super cute and fresh looking, though you're probably right about the fabric feeling cheap. My $0.02.

I know I have thought of that too and DH sort of agrees, but it does seem like kind of a waste since the seat is still usable, but if there is any chance I can get it back and return it for a discount then I'll definitely get a new one.

Hey, I will send you my 06 PV free of charge. :ROTFLMAO:

You are funny!

PGTB
02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Platinum! it's my favorite pattern as it has all solid colors, plus the frame is black color, which is a must for me. I don't like the light plastic look at all.. So, any solid color I guess would work with the black plastic frame.