PDA

View Full Version : Britax Parkway question

crl
02-05-2010, 01:58 AM
When I looked at the Britax Parkway, I saw the clip that prevents submarining. I was wondering how easy it is for kids to buckle this seat properly by themselves? (DS's been doing his own convertible buckles for a long time now and I don't want to go backwards!)

Thanks,
Catherine

Joolsplus2
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I haven't read of many complaints... one girl who had trouble getting UNdone on the first or second time she used it during a very rushed school dropoff, but I think a little practice in a less stressed situation would have prevented that. I'd think an accomplished harness buckler would take to it just fine :)

Tanya
02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
My daughter has a new (pink) Parkway and she's ridden in it twice so far. She can't buckle herself, but she can do the SG once I showed her. I'm sure she'll figure out how to buckle herself too, but she really hasn't ridden in boosters, so it's a new learning curve. She can unfasten everything herself and she can buckle the Parkway after she's out of the seat (I make her buckle it in when she's not going to be riding in it again for awhile). Anyway, the SG is easier than trying to buckle the seatbelt at this point.

To compare, she is/was in a Graco Nautilus and could harness herself in without any problems. She'll be 7 in April.

crl
02-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks!

Catherine