PDA

View Full Version : Ponyo Amazon pre-order deal!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Order Ponyo and another Miyazaki and save $10! Ponyo is currently $17.99 on DVD. We already have Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro (DD's FAV film), and we had Kiki at some point but lost it, so we ordered Kiki's Delivery Service. His films hardly ever go on sale.... (http://www.amazon.com/Ponyo-Two-Disc-Noah-Lindsey-Cyrus/dp/B002ZTQVGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265349544&sr=8-1)

calv
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
never heard of this. is it any good? going back to hiding now ;)

rwagdivh
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes, my 6 1/2 year old son and I saw in the theatre. He loves all of Miyazaki's movies but this is definitely his favorite. (And mine as well!) We also have My Neighbor Totoro which is a wonderful movie he has been watching since age 4. Now, what to buy with it. My sister who lives with us has a number of the others - so, we can always borrow those from her. But, I'm thinking Kiki's Delivery Service or Castle in the Sky which also releases March 2. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

bandklangley
02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
The last few movies Disney has released have been on sale at Target and then Disney has a $10 off coupon on there site - I've been able to get them for $10 each! Most of them have been the blue-ray/DVD combination too.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes, my 6 1/2 year old son and I saw in the theatre. He loves all of Miyazaki's movies but this is definitely his favorite. (And mine as well!) We also have My Neighbor Totoro which is a wonderful movie he has been watching since age 4. Now, what to buy with it. My sister who lives with us has a number of the others - so, we can always borrow those from her. But, I'm thinking Kiki's Delivery Service or Castle in the Sky which also releases March 2. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kiki is really good. His movie are so unique....

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
never heard of this. is it any good? going back to hiding now ;)

Read the reviews on Amazon. Most of his movies are 4.5 stars+. A change from the standard Disney movies.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
The last few movies Disney has released have been on sale at Target and then Disney has a $10 off coupon on there site - I've been able to get them for $10 each! Most of them have been the blue-ray/DVD combination too.

I wonder how widely released Totoro, Kiki, etc. will be. They aren't well known to everyone. Ponyo will most likely be at Target, but I am not sure about the others, especially at my small town Target!:wink2:

fivi2
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
We love Totoro and Kiki, but my girls did not like Ponyo. They were 3.5 (ish?) and we saw it in the theater. They are definitely fraidy cats, but were terrified of this movie.

Haven't seen Castle in the Sky yet!

hillview
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
My 4 year old really liked it and he is scared of Little Mermaid and Lion King.
/hillary

TahliasMom
02-05-2010, 06:46 PM
dd loves totoro. started watching it at around 3pm at grandmas. we have not seen ponyo yet but would love to get it. i'm also torn between kiki and castle...

baileygirl
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks, picked up Totoro and Ponyo.

catpagmo
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks, picked up Totoro and Ponyo.

:yeahthat: Thanks for posting! DD's fav movie of all time is My Neighbor Totoro.