PDA

View Full Version : stroller help: Take our BJCSD or rent?

veronica
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
We are going! I am so excited so now the real planning begins. This is our first vacation with our kids and their first time on a plane.

The kids are 4 and 2.5 so I know we will need a stroller and don't mind. The only double we have is the Baby Jogger City Series double which is a bit bulky to lug around. Do we just suck it up and bring it? We can't afford to buy a smaller one. Best we could do is maybe rent one from a stroller company down there but I do like the shade on ours.

We rarely use it and it still has the tags on it from when we bought it when DS was born 2.5 years ago. While I'd be a bit annoyed if it was damaged, I'd be willing to risk it to save money on renting or getting another one.

Has anyone take this stroller to Disney?has it worked out?

ETA: As far as singles go, we have a 2005.5 zippy, 2009 Mac Quest and 2009 uppababy g-lite Do we bring two singles instead?

fivi2
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I would recommend two singles, without a doubt. Doubles are tough to navigate through crowds, and you can split up with singles if necessary. They are easier to fold and carry on buses, boats, trains, whatever.

We went right before my twins turned 3 and bought two cheap umbrella stroller in Orlando.

hillview
02-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I saw a ton of doubles there. That said we liked having 2 singles. We split up a lot.
/hillary

WatchingThemGrow
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
We to our BJCMD (and a Triumph), but next time we'll take the BJCED(and a Triumph or Bug) because we like the push so much more for all that walking. Functionally, does one of your DC qualify for more rides (height-wise) than the other? Will you always do stuff together or break off?

veronica
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
We to our BJCMD (and a Triumph), but next time we'll take the BJCED(and a Triumph or Bug) because we like the push so much more for all that walking. Functionally, does one of your DC qualify for more rides (height-wise) than the other? Will you always do stuff together or break off?
Hard to know. It's the kids first time and DH and I have not been in 8 years (pre-kids). DD is 42 pounds and 41 or so inches. DS is 30 pounds and 37 or so inches. I don't know if we will split up or not.

My fear with two strollers is having one of the kids chicken out of a ride and having one of us watch that child and two singles with the other parent does the ride with the child.....anyone btdt?

We are staying at a boardwalk villa and plan to walk to epcot and mgm so the bus will likely be used for Magic kingdom and Animal kingdom only.

WatchingThemGrow
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Wouldn't you just leave the stroller there and hope for the best, same as you would if you all rode?

Here's a page about heights...if it matters http://www.kingdommagictravel.com/disneyworld/theme_parks/height_restrictions.htm

veronica
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't you just leave the stroller there and hope for the best, same as you would if you all rode?

Here's a page about heights...if it matters http://www.kingdommagictravel.com/disneyworld/theme_parks/height_restrictions.htm

Thank you, the chart helps. I like the swap option listed too. I think we will do that a lot since DS will be too small for a lot of the attractions.

I suppose the two singles might be better in case we do split up. I do like the canopies on the baby jogger but hopefully the heat isn't unbarable just yet!

las710
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
We just went in November and took our Maclaren Techno Double and were very happy we did. We specifically bought it for this trip and have gotten a ton of other use out of it. I like the Maclaren because it is lightweight and easy to fold. Our kids are younger though and I am not sure how a 4-yo would fit in the techno. We did see a lot of the BJCD down there -- and while it might be a bit cumbersome, I think you would be happy you had it. Personally we never split up so a double worked great. And if you are staying at the Boardwalk, you won't really have to fold it up much at all -- you will walk to Epcot and HS and can always take the monorail from Epcot to MK and not have to fold the stroller down. I'd take it.

Or I would sell it on Craigs List and use the $ to buy a Maclaren Double, if you'd prefer a lighter weight one.

diegosmom
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
We just got back and we took out BJCMD and it was well worth it. If one wasn't in it, it was filled with the stuff we bought and took in the park with us.

We live in FL so we know to take rain gear and sun gear even if it doesn't look like rain. They will get you with the panchos, umbrellas and towels if you have to buy them. It happened the first time we went.

There are tons of doubles and you will definitely want the sun shades. Even in April the sun in FL can get brutal. At that time of year it's a roll of the dice. Some days are great, others really hot and others cold.

Have a great time at the Disney.