PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Seat - Please Help Me Choose

mssita
02-05-2010, 11:07 PM
DS is 10 months and I'm trying to pick his new car seats. We'll need 2, one for each of our cars, currently a 2003 Honda Civic and a 1992 Honda Accord though we plan on buying a used Honda Oddessy or Toyota Sienna to replace the Accord. I'd like to keep DS RF for at least 2 years, maybe longer. I'm looking at the regular TrueFit and the TrueFit Premier, as well as the Boulevard CS and the Radian. Is the Premier worth the extra cost? Also DH is concerned that the Radian since its narrow would not be very comfy. Any advice?

rizzo0904
02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
We have the Boulevard and it fits in our Civic. I wouldn't pay extra for the CS version...not worth it IMO. Just get the regular one. We've been very happy with the seat. DS is a big boy and is very comfy. Also, since your car doesn't have side curtain airbags, I'd definitely go for a seat with true side impact protection like the Blvd has.

o_mom
02-06-2010, 12:35 PM
The TrueFit Premier, in addition to being newer, has the anti-rebound base. I think it is worth the extra money. The PP is right that the CS isn't worth the extra over the regular Boulevard unless you are in love with the cover for some reason.

I love the Radian for rear-facing in my Odyssey. I'm not sure how well it will fit rear-facing in a Civic, though, as it takes up quite a bit of room. If you do want to use it, try it out or order somewhere with store returns or free return shipping. My 6.5 yo still fits in the Radian and is comfortable. It is narrow, but still wide enough inside.

Unless your DS is very heavy, all of those should last at least 2 years rear-facing. If he is trending higher, the Radian has a 40-45 lbs rear-facing limit compared to 35 for the others.

MmeSunny
02-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I love the Radian for rear-facing in my Odyssey. I'm not sure how well it will fit rear-facing in a Civic, though, as it takes up quite a bit of room. If you do want to use it, try it out or order somewhere with store returns or free return shipping.

A big :yeahthat:. We got the Radian and it would NOT fit in our Vibe/Matrix RF without the passengers seat all the way to the dash. We got the TF instead and LOVE it.