PDA

View Full Version : ERF True Fit Q's. . . .Prob Req Tech

MmeSunny
02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
DD is 29 months old and weighs only 23lbs soaking wet. She is still rearfacing in her True Fit. I know that the slots need to be below her shoulders, but they are WAY below her shoulders after her last growth spurt. I'm not certain how tall she is, but she's tall compared to weight.

The strap slots are so low that they pull off of her shoulders--only the chest clip keeps them on but they still start to slip because they are so low. The seat booklet and signage do not allow raising the harness straps another slot when rearfacing, but is that a "Set in Stone" thing or one of those you can ignore?

Thank you so much in advance. I really want to leave her RF as long a possible, but I'm wondering if it's no longer the safest bet.

GraceH
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm confused... what do you mean by 'slot'? I understood the TrueFits to have a sliding no-rethread harness system? If you're talking about the notches of settings, you can use all but the tallest setting in RF mode & all but the shortest setting in FF mode.
Also, have you taken out all the extra pillows and paddings?

elektra
02-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Can't you RF with the bottom 3 on the TF? My almost 3 yo is still RF in hers and I think we are still only on the second slots. Are you really already on the 3rd?

Joolsplus2
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
The older seats did have that in the manual, you can only use the two bottom slots, but they changed it, you can use the bottom three for rearfacing now. If straps are falling of her shoulders go ahead and move them up, it's ok. Even if they are a little above, it's still safer than having them so far below that they slip off :)

MmeSunny
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
The older seats did have that in the manual, you can only use the two bottom slots, but they changed it, you can use the bottom three for rearfacing now. If straps are falling of her shoulders go ahead and move them up, it's ok. Even if they are a little above, it's still safer than having them so far below that they slip off :)

Yep, we have an older one that only allows the bottom two for RF. I'm so glad to know that's it's changed and I can move the slots up and still keep her RF. Thanks again! I knew you guys would know!