PDA

View Full Version : Radian 65SL for $112.99 SHIPPED! *DEAD DEAL*

todzwife
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
diapers.com has it on sale and there is a code "touchdown" for an additional $7 off!

I think Amazon has it for that price too :)

pmama
02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
For anyone that has one, does it really feel/look a lot narrower than the marathon?

arivecchi
02-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow. What an incredible deal!

arivecchi
02-06-2010, 05:52 PM
For anyone that has one, does it really feel/look a lot narrower than the marathon? The seat frame is more narrow than the Marathon's (so it occupies less space in the car) but the inside is just as roomy (at least to my naked eye). A Radian will outlast a Marathon in terms of usage because it accomodates taller kids.

ecofem
02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
so tempted to buy instead of a Britax Frontier.....

BargainMomforLuke
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Get it for $90 after rebates if you go through Fatwallet (6% CB) & sign up as a new customer to get the $15 new customer magazine rebate (its in your cart after you add something).

mommylamb
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow. I totally don't need it, but I'm almost tempted just cause.

pmama
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
You can also use the code 10percent for a few more dollars off.

alirebco
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Are there are cons to this seat? We have a Marathon but am considering getting this as a 2nd seat for DH's car. I like how easy the Marathon is to install and to get DS in and out.

arivecchi
02-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a Marathon and a Radian. The Marathon is easier to install, but I find the Radian to be a superior seat. It rear faces longer, is taller (so will last longer), has a longer expiry, super narrow and low which makes it an awesome seat for FFing. At that price, I would not pass it up. It also folds for travel.

elektra
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Ooohhh...
Anyone care to help me justify getting this? ;)

pmama
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Anyone know how long it takes to get fatwallet membership confirmation? I was trying to sign up for the extra cb so I could buy the radian but have yet to receive the confirmation e-mail that will activate my account.

firsttimemama
02-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I couldn't pass it up at this price. used code 10PERCENT for 10% off.. (first time customer)

alirebco
02-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok, just purchased before they all sell out! Amazing price and I'm psyched to get another car seat! Now I'll just have to figure out how to install it!

c914
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
granite is sold out, I got my order in for champagne......went through ebates, and used 10percent first time customer discount for a grand total of $108

mommymy
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks OP. We need to get three across in our sedan and I have been researching this seat for awhile. You allowed me to get two seats for the price of one! ( We already have one radian...so now we have three!!) You saved me a bundle. Thank you!

shoxie
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Total long-shot, but does anyone have any idea if we could use two of these seats along with a Graco SafeSeat in a CR-V? We have a slight issue now as we have two BLVDs and, with #3 on the way, we'll either need to figure out how to get three across or buy a bigger car (yikes!).

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

firsttimemama
02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
don't know shoxie but if you live in a large enough area, I'd buy the seat(s), if they work great if not resell for the price you paid on craigslist - in my area I'm fairly certain I could sell it

shoxie
02-06-2010, 08:03 PM
don't know shoxie but if you live in a large enough area, I'd buy the seat(s), if they work great if not resell for the price you paid on craigslist - in my area I'm fairly certain I could sell it

Thx, I might try that. I think the price is low enough, as you said, that I could recoup the cost. It'd be worth it in case they somehow DID work, right? :)

todzwife
02-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad I could help out! We have 2 Radian's already (1 XT and 1 XTSL) and I ordered one of these for DH's car. They are excellent seats and really, for that price I couldn't pass it up!

alirebco
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
granite is sold out, I got my order in for champagne......went through ebates, and used 10percent first time customer discount for a grand total of $108

Darn, I forgot about Ebates...oh well!

elektra
02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
So I got one for SIL for DN's birthday. :) I called her first and they do need a new seat, and I figure they can use it for their older DD FF too if needed.

Momof3Labs
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM
super narrow and low

I actually consider that a disadvantage vs. the Marathon. DS2 was unable to see out the window in the third row of our Sienna in the Radian, but can see out with the Marathon. Seeing out is critical to his happiness in the car, so the Radian is in storage for now and he's using the Marathon until he outgrows it.

WatchingThemGrow
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Total long-shot, but does anyone have any idea if we could use two of these seats along with a Graco SafeSeat in a CR-V? We have a slight issue now as we have two BLVDs and, with #3 on the way, we'll either need to figure out how to get three across or buy a bigger car (yikes!).

Any help is MUCH appreciated!
We had a Snugride (which I think takes the same amount of room sideways as the Safeseat), a Radian (FF) and a MA in a 2005 CRV. One Radian made three across work, as long as they were on seatbelts. HOWEVER, once we lived with 3 across for two weeks, and DH saw DD and DS1(RF) picking each other's noses, he demanded we go out and buy an Odyssey immediately.

We ended up moving the Radian to his Accord, got a matching one, plus a sale MA (RF) so all three DC would have a seat in DH's car. We really liked our CRV and were pretty determined to keep it, but we decided sanity would be a little better to keep. With the Ody we can put DS1 in the way back with DD on trips and use the middle row (pushed over) as the command seat for feeding the baby or the toddlers while we travel. Made a world of difference. Hey, congrats on expecting #3!

wellyes
02-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much- I will put this in DH's car. He has one now, but it's just a cheap hand-me down from a friend that it is difficult to use. I'll be more comfortable with DD having side-impact protection.

melonkelli
02-06-2010, 08:52 PM
We love our Radian. It allows us to have 3 across (Graco booster, Radian 65, Roundabout) in the Prius. We had just purchased the Prius in California (and gotten the Carpool Lane stickers) when we discovered we were having #3 (oops), so had blown the vehicle budget. Much cheaper to get a Radian rather than selling the new Prius immediately (though we could have made up something by having the stickers). Has worked out for 2+ years (2yo, 4yo and 6yo).

Babymakes3
02-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Dang I wanted this seat but in grey and it's already gone!

arivecchi
02-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Darn, I wish I needed a seat. What an awesome deal!

ciw
02-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Is it silly not to buy this seat just because I want the Radian with headwings? I'm thinking the headwings may not be worth the extra $100 but.....I've just got it in my head we need the headwings. Silly, right?

arivecchi
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Better act quickly! Not available in my area anymore....

Twoboos
02-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok, am I endlessly stupid? I try to add it to my cart (champagne), the little message by the cart comes up to say "this seat will be available for <myzipcode> on Feb 12 for delivery on Feb 13." By the Add To Cart button it says "successfully added" in green.

Then there is NOTHING in my cart!!

deannanb
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok, am I endlessly stupid? I try to add it to my cart (champagne), the little message by the cart comes up to say "this seat will be available for <myzipcode> on Feb 12 for delivery on Feb 13." By the Add To Cart button it says "successfully added" in green.

Then there is NOTHING in my cart!!

I'm getting the same message -
and I had it in my cart - and went to pay for it and then it said I had nothing in my cart.

Twoboos
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm getting the same message -
and I had it in my cart - and went to pay for it and then it said I had nothing in my cart.

Thanks deannanb, I guess I'm not endlessly stupid. :)

I am guessing this means champagne is sold out, too. Boo.

jent
02-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Yep, now it says "temporarily out of stock." Grrrr. Now that I've read this thread and got all excited, I've convinced myself we need a Radian.

jerigirl
02-07-2010, 01:01 AM
diapers.com has it on sale and there is a code "touchdown" for an additional $7 off!

I think Amazon has it for that price too :)

Actually Amazon is 195-199. It varies for the color. The diapers.com deal is an amazing though. Thanks for sharing! Too bad I missed it.

belovedgandp
02-07-2010, 02:14 AM
I have a Marathon and a Radian. The Marathon is easier to install, but I find the Radian to be a superior seat. It rear faces longer, is taller (so will last longer), has a longer expiry, super narrow and low which makes it an awesome seat for FFing. At that price, I would not pass it up. It also folds for travel.

Yeah, what she said. I had two Radians before owning a Marathon. I now have three Radians and one Marathon. I like both seats, but see the longevity of the Marathon as a big advantage.

I LOVE how narrow it is and how low it is to the seat. I just switched my 2 1/2 year old to a FF Radian in my van from a FF Marathon (He's a big one at over 36 pounds). He can get in and out of the seat easier and isn't kicking the back of the driver's seat as much since his feet are lower.

firsttimemama
02-07-2010, 09:52 AM
amazon had it at the cheap price too it sold out

canada
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
The radian 65 is now up to $199.99.

It was $119.99 on amazon, through 1800diapers which is also diapers.com.

shoxie
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
We had a Snugride (which I think takes the same amount of room sideways as the Safeseat), a Radian (FF) and a MA in a 2005 CRV. One Radian made three across work, as long as they were on seatbelts. HOWEVER, once we lived with 3 across for two weeks, and DH saw DD and DS1(RF) picking each other's noses, he demanded we go out and buy an Odyssey immediately.

We ended up moving the Radian to his Accord, got a matching one, plus a sale MA (RF) so all three DC would have a seat in DH's car. We really liked our CRV and were pretty determined to keep it, but we decided sanity would be a little better to keep. With the Ody we can put DS1 in the way back with DD on trips and use the middle row (pushed over) as the command seat for feeding the baby or the toddlers while we travel. Made a world of difference. Hey, congrats on expecting #3!

Thx so much for the response - we're very excited and also a bit scared about #3! :) I think we'll most likely do what you did and get a larger car. DH is just so adamantly against any kind of minivan...it's going to be an uphill battle for me. I'm just not sure that any other type of car offers the convenience of getting all the kiddos in and out of the car like minivans do - even the larger SUVs - I'm thinking I'd have the same issues as I'd have with the CRV. It'd just be a huge PIA to get small children in their carseats and then out with 3 across...I am so NOT looking forward to that at all. I have to work on DH and the minivan idea - at least I've got until September!

keckert
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Thx so much for the response - we're very excited and also a bit scared about #3! :) I think we'll most likely do what you did and get a larger car. DH is just so adamantly against any kind of minivan...it's going to be an uphill battle for me. I'm just not sure that any other type of car offers the convenience of getting all the kiddos in and out of the car like minivans do - even the larger SUVs - I'm thinking I'd have the same issues as I'd have with the CRV. It'd just be a huge PIA to get small children in their carseats and then out with 3 across...I am so NOT looking forward to that at all. I have to work on DH and the minivan idea - at least I've got until September!

We have 3 in carseats...we went round and round about what kind of car to get, or keep our own. After testing out several larger SUVs, the Ody won out big time. To access the 3rd row in pretty much any of the SUVs you had to fold down a seat in the middle row. The Ody allows you to take out the middle seat in the middle row, slide the chairs together and it leaves room for someone to get to the back row easily. We have the oldest all the way in back b/c she can do her own buckles on the car seat, and we have #2 and #3 in the middle. I never thought I'd drive at minivan but convenience won out. GL!!!

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM

My DH was the one who convinced me! After a couple weeks and a 4 hr car trip, I knew he was right. GL!