PDA

View Full Version : Good fully upholstered chairs for tall moms?

Rachelita
02-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Any input out there about good fully upholstered gliders or rockers for tall parents? I'm 6'2" and I'm having a hard time finding store models to sit in and try out. I really prefer the fully upholstered chairs, but the ones I've seen are quite short-backed. I've seen a few reviews that say the Little Castle gliders are good for taller people.

Any help would be much appreciated!

PearlsMom
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm not a tall mom, but FWIW I just went to a furniture store and ordered myself a Best Chairs swivel glider/recliner. Looking in the catalog, Best offers petite, medium, and full size recliners, most of which can be made as a glider recliner or rocker recliner. Maybe one of those would fit the bill. Some of them were a lot better looking than others, so it's worth checking out a catalouge, I think.

I loved sitting in the Little Castle chairs I've tried, but the Best ones were just unreal in how comfortable they are. Can't wait to get mine delivered!

mrspeachykeen
02-16-2010, 12:09 PM
We ended up with a Dutailier Glider. It is one of the Prestige line of chairs. These were the tallest chairs that we could find.

WatchingThemGrow
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Not fully upholstered (as we had a hard time finding them in 06), but we got a Dutailier Grande that's oh so comfy for our 6'2 family members.

lowrioh
02-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Any input out there about good fully upholstered gliders or rockers for tall parents? I'm 6'2" and I'm having a hard time finding store models to sit in and try out. I really prefer the fully upholstered chairs, but the ones I've seen are quite short-backed. I've seen a few reviews that say the Little Castle gliders are good for taller people.

Any help would be much appreciated!

:yeahthat:

We went on craigslist and picked up a basically brand new Lazyboy rocker/recliner for $150. It is super comfy and my 6'6" DH LOVES it. It isn't one of the HUGE chairs...I would say mid-size. It is one of the best purchases we made.
Before I found it on CL, I had gone to a furniture store and was about to order a Best Chair. They fit me well and I'm 5"11"

ray7694
02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Another vote for Best Chair.

wellyes
02-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Dutailier Grande

:yeahthat:

jbbhb
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I also am looking for chairs and my husband is very tall and I'm very short so we are having trouble finding a chair that we are both comfy in. We were about to order the Best Chairs Rudee, but then decided to stop in Lazyboy. We were very surprised to find a swivel rocker recliner that we both were super comfortable in and for about $100 less. I also like that the LazyBoy chairs have rachetted backs so you can recline partially and the chair will stay there instead of pushing you back up. The chair we found was $499 and not a typical "ugly recliner" that I was afraid of.