PDA

View Full Version : Holy moly.....

arivecchi
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
My neighbor who has 3 kids, two of them school-age, just got a Frontier for her youngest (just turned 2 in Nov). I asked her if she needed help installing it. She said she had no idea how to do it. I asked her if she was going to install it with LATCH or seatbelt. Her response: What is LATCH? Holy sh**! How can you not know this after doing car seats for 3 kids? Her older two already use seatbelts though and they are like 5 and 8. Moron.

SnuggleBuggles
02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I admit that if I got a new car now I wouldn't know how to use LATCH and would continue with a seatbelt install. I know how to do a seatbelt install b/c no LATCH on this car. When we have rented other cars or needed to install in dif't cars I just go with seatbelts. LATCH is no better in terms of safety. :)

Beth

arivecchi
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
She had no idea what LATCH even meant though! She has new cars so they definitely have LATCH. I was just asking her so I could help her with whatever install she was planning on doing. I'm 100% sure you know what LATCH means! :)

SnuggleBuggles
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Gotcha!! I at least know what LATCH is and where to look for it. :)

Beth

codex57
02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
DW doesn't really understand, and she's had cars with LATCH for quite some time now. However, unlike your neighbor, she's never installed a car seat in her life.

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
My OP was a bit strong. I dislike her for a couple of reasons, but one of them is that she is so clueless about car seat usage and has those 3 gorgeous kids. Hopefully, they never get in an accident. You are right codex. DH probably does not know what LATCH is either as I do all the car seat stuff here.