PDA

View Full Version : Battat Wooden Dollhouse Help

jacksmomtobe
02-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok some questions regarding the assembly of the Battat Wooden Dollhouse...as many of you may remember my Battat dollhouse came without the hardware. Battat told me it was disc & to return it which since it was the day before Christmas Eve that was not going to happen. After requesting info for the hardware dimensions so that I could find it myself they said they found some "comparable" hardware and would send it to me after the holidays. We'll when I finally got it in mid January I was so excited until I started to put the house together and realized what they sent me wouldn't work. Now finally after at least 6 trips to my local hardware store and Home Depot I have finally assembled it. Which leaves with me a few questions...

*my directions show the stairs on the upper floor on the back side of the dollhouse however the pictures I have from the box show it on the front by the balcony. Which way did you put yours and any plus or minuses for doing it that way?
*Secondly I'm wondering how people positioned it in the room they have it in. Originally I was going to have the back against the wall but now I see that the second floor has different furniture on the back side so by doing that I would eliminiate access to that area. I repositioned it with the garage vs the wall and the house going out into the room for now but am not sure I'm liking that. Interested in any creative ideas there.
*for the top of your house can you see the side of the screw under the wooden ball? They don't tighten flush on mine.
*People mentioned using wood glue when assembling. I'm thinking about glueing in the doors and railings and possibly stairs ..any positives or negatives to doing so.

Thanks for reading such a long post! Any help will greatly be appreciated!
Kim

calv
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
stairs and doors get constantly moved by the kids. part of the fun of playing w/it. we have it sideways and it easily spins so there is access from all sides of the dollhouse. hope this makes sense

o_mom
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I would not glue the doors/railings. That's the fun of rearranging it.

I think I can see a little bit of the screw, but not sure. It was hard to get them flush with those rubber washers.

I put ours up on the train table for play so they can access all sides.

MMMommy
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't glue the door, railings or stairs. Aren't they meant to be movable so that you can rearrange them in different spots for fun? I think gluing would take away the fun of that.

jacksmomtobe
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
We'll we didn't get any rubber washers so maybe that is why the screws are noticeable to me.

The door keeps getting knocked over to the point where it is already pretty annoying which is why I was considering gluing it. Same with the railings.

o_mom
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
We'll we didn't get any rubber washers so maybe that is why the screws are noticeable to me.

The door keeps getting knocked over to the point where it is already pretty annoying which is why I was considering gluing it. Same with the railings.

Yeah - if you didn't have the washers, they would be noticable. They aren't super thick, just flat white rubber, enough to be able to tighten completely without rubbing on the wood.

Hmmm... I wonder if you could use something like FunTac or maybe a repositionable glue. Something to help hold them in place but not perm.