PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sister and BIL....

HIU8
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Get a car charger for your cell phone. I can't believe you don't have one. Don't you think that in the event the power goes out and you don't have phones that you might need it to charge your cells in your car?????

I simply don't get some people. Instead of wasting their cell batteries they turned off their phones. They had no power for 2 days so no phones (all cordless). No one could find them to see if they were still alive and try to help them.

Some of the people in my family just lack common sense.....

SnuggleBuggles
02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't have one. But, I do have a few old school, no power needed phones for my house. :)

Beth

TwinFoxes
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
And it's not like they didn't have any forewarning that a huge storm that could knock out utilities was coming. And why didn't they just call someone to say hey we are ok? That's just inconsiderate if you know people will worry.

ewpmsw
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Maybe they're like my IL's and "don't want to be found". Some people actually don't think of cell phones as a necessity, if you can believe it.

HIU8
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
No BIL is cheap and since it didn't come withe the phone he refused to purchase it.

Also, FWIW, they do have a corded phone in the house, but the phones went out in addition to the power (same here).

JenChem
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't have a car charger for my cell phone. I'm pretty sure people survived blizzards before such things came around anyways. I personally had to deal with 20+ calls from concerned family and I finally had to tell them to back off and leave us alone. We're adults and we can survive without them.

gatorsmom
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Get a car charger for your cell phone. I can't believe you don't have one. Don't you think that in the event the power goes out and you don't have phones that you might need it to charge your cells in your car?????

I simply don't get some people. Instead of wasting their cell batteries they turned off their phones. They had no power for 2 days so no phones (all cordless). No one could find them to see if they were still alive and try to help them.

Some of the people in my family just lack common sense.....

I haven't had one in a long time. And I'll be the first to admit it's a PITA NOT to have one.

HIU8
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
BIL and Sister need help. The two of them together could not figure out what to do if the power went out. They were afraid to light the pilot on the stove so they just didn't eat and didn't feed DN anything except bread. this is not a separate incident. This is how they live their lives--I've had other posts about the things they decide to do and not do. also, their power was out for 2 days. They could have gone to a hotel (their streets were plowed and their cars were cleared), but BIL refused to pay for it. He made them stay at home with no power (FWIW, we had no power but could not get out as we had not seen a plow and our elantra could not go through that much snow. However, we lit the burners on the gas stove and congregated in the kitchen. Then at night we bundled up under 5 blankets all together in 1 bed. If we could have gotten out to a hotel we would have). Then they walked 2 miles to the nearest shopping center (could have driven at that point) to get food. I feel bad for DN as her needs don't come first.