PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on Costco membership?

mum-to-be
02-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Does anyone know of any deals on Costco membership?

DebbieJ
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
They only time I have ever seen a deal was when our store had its grand opening.

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I've never seen deals on the membership itself, but we have the costco cash back amex card and you don't have to pay the annual fee for that ($50) if you are a costco member. We are getting back nearly $300 this year with that card. So, it more than pays for the costco membership.

mom2ethan
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
We have the executive membership (not the credit card) that pays you back 2% on most purchases. It's $100 per year, but we shop there enough that it is worth it. Sometimes it pays for itself. It definitely makes the total cost less than the $50 regular membership.

I just wish the 2% counted on gas purchases too.

4birds
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Check on slickdeals - I recently saw a deal for a LOT of good coupons for freebies if you are a new member

emschwar
02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
We have the executive membership (not the credit card) that pays you back 2% on most purchases. It's $100 per year, but we shop there enough that it is worth it. Sometimes it pays for itself. It definitely makes the total cost less than the $50 regular membership.

I just wish the 2% counted on gas purchases too.

Our costco told me that if the executive membership doesn't earn you $50 in the 2% back, they'll refund that part of the membership.

Jen841
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Via my employer I could get this. I got $50 of coupons + $10 gift card with a membership.

amycoh
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Also, sign up with a partner, saves 50% automatically

calv
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Also, sign up with a partner, saves 50% automatically

what/how do you sign up w/a partner? doesn't only 1 person/houshold receive the coupons?

amycoh
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
yes, thats true, but I cant tell you how many times I shop w/o any coupons. I am on a business membership, and dont get coupons anyways. If there is something really good, I go and beg customer service for the flyer, and sometimes they give it to me. But if you have a friend who also wants to join, it might be worth it. (You might have to say you live at the same residence)

vball4all
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Plus, don't you need just "one" coupon in hand...and you will automatically get the coupon discount for all other things? So, whoever you are splitting it with, just give them one coupon (but let them know what is on sale).

maybeebaby08
02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
You do only need one coupon to get any of the discounts, and I usually get them at customer service. You do have to live at the same residence too, my mom signed me up for hers and they asked for my license to prove I lived at the residence, each store my vary on that though. I've moved out since I joined with her but we renew it every year and share it, I just don't the coupons in the mail.

The only deal I've ever seen is when you bring a friend to join they get $10 off their membership and you get an extra 3 months added to yours.

icunurse
02-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Check with your workplace. I get bonus coupons when I enroll through a perk with my job and get $100+ in coupons (free roaster chicken, free big bag of coffee, 100 free prints, and money off salad, cookies, bottled water -coupon makes the case 56 cents!-, meat, and a few more.

mum-to-be
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I found a deal on slickdeals that gets you a book of coupons for free items including a bbq chicken, but the code didn't work for me. Has anyone else had any luck? This was the forum thread: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1787364

nupe
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
I used kardmerchant.com through a link from another website. The bonus offer is a coupon book (that expires a month or two later) with a free rotisserie chicken, free batteries, and some dollar off coupons.

ETA: Doesn't look like the links I used a few months back are active anymore.

nupe
02-09-2010, 09:06 AM
And if you refer a friend, each of you gets a costco cash card, 10 or 25 as I recall. I referred my brother as a new costco member last summer and we each got cash cards.

crl
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I recently got a free membership through my AmEx card. AmEx sent me an e-mail on it. I had to register online, then buy a membership and something at the store within a fairly short time period.

Catherine