PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your Easter basket(s)?

ourbabygirl
02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I've seen them at Michael's, Joann's, and of course, Pottery Barn, and I'm wondering who has the best quality for the best price. I think I'd like one with DD's name embroidered on the fabric liner, but I suppose I could take it somewhere to be done, too.
Any suggestions or insider info. on sales?

Thanks!

MamaMolly
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
This year I want to get the PBK fabric baskets. I'm lurking for a big sale and keep trying the 68 trick (you put a 68 in front of the item number and sometimes it comes up with a 'hidden' sale). I know others have posted that they got Land's End canvas bags with names embroidered on them but this year's colors aren't as springy and cute as last years :( so that is why I'm going with PBK.

Momof3Labs
02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Think about whether you'll have more kids, and whether you'll want to be able to get coordinating baskets. I like the Lands End/LL Bean tote bag idea, embroidered with a name. We have PBK-like baskets from Target (9.99 each) that SIL embroidered with their names. I love these baskets, but haven't asked if she can add names:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results_shop.php?search_type=user_shop_ttt_ id_5119794&search_query=easter

kayte
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
We have the Target PBK copy and I had someone embroider it.

katydid1971
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I bought ours from Williams Sonoma two years ago. They went on sale a week or so before Easter. I really didn't expect them in time but they did come in time for easter and I paid less than $25 for two with names on them. Watch this board, people are really good about letting everyone know if these go on sale.

mnosky1
02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't buy much at PBK but bought the basket for DD1 figuring I could match for future kids (which I did 5 years later for DD2) and I wanted a big basket.

scrooks
02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I just ordered PBK baskets today. I'm excited to see what they look like!

ourbabygirl
02-08-2010, 10:49 PM
I love the PBK designs (basket colors and liners- especially the Peter Rabbit one), but I don't love the prices ;)! I'm wondering if it's possible to order a liner and then find a cheaper basket that the liner would fit inside from a store like Michael's, Joann's, or Target. I guess I'm willing to pay the $14 or whatever for a cute embroidered liner but not willing to pay big bucks for a generic basket.
Any thoughts?
Thanks! :jammin:

bubbaray
02-08-2010, 11:29 PM
We have the LLB mini canvas totes. Super cute.

MamaMolly
02-09-2010, 08:57 AM
We have the LLB mini canvas totes. Super cute.

So the smallest size is the Mini? I'm considering these and the PBK ones. I love the idea of re-using the canvas totes as the girls get older. What colors did you get? I'm not crazy about the choices this year, the only pink/green combo I think is on clearance and is the Small size which is crazy big for an Easter basket.

bubbaray
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes, the mini size is the smallest. I got the open top.

They have a Pink Plaid (madras) which is cute.

They also had an Easter-specific one with an embroidered egg, maybe call and see if that is available still.